Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2012 SCCM 2007 Deployment

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nam.pham
1208 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD 2012 SCCM 2007 Deployment

I've gone through all the threads and blogs that are related to this topic and have already tried quite a few suggestions, but I am still not able to get 2012 to deploy. I'm able to run the deployment manually, but this isn't a great solution as I would like to update 20 computers at once.

By default we are running 64bit Windows 7 Pro, Directx 11, SCCM 2007 SP2, and all the software is 64bit as well as the server.

I tried removing the prereq for directx in the ini file as we have a never version but this did not work. Then I tried to manually install directx overtop of directx 11 which is already installed, but this did not work either. 

Is anyone else having these issues? I've packaged a few things now, and have followed teh Autodesk instructions as well, especially step 10 in their guide.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: nam.pham

The DirectX check is built into the system installer, so removing it from the setup.ini doesn't actually work for Autodesk products in this example.  What problems are you having?  And have you successfully created a network deployment from the Autodesk setup? 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
nam.pham
in reply to: TravisNave

I've done the network deployment, and have been using that to install AutoCAD 2012 for users, but I am stuck on getting this deployed through SCCM. Also, I just noticed that AutoCAD 2012 is the only package in the 50 or so which will not even download to target computer. That is, when I look into C:\Windows\SysWOW64\CCM\Cache it hasn't downloaded but all the new packages will appear here.

This is what I'm using, which appears to be right as per the Autodesk guide:

AdminImage\setup.exe /W /Q /I AdminImage\march28.ini /Lang en-US

Message 4 of 4
DannyHubbard
in reply to: nam.pham

Your command string looks correct as long as your deployment for AutoCAD was called March28.

You should go to the SCCM server and check the System Status for your AutoCAD Package and Advertisment to see what error you are getting there.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report