Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2012 Installation Problem

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
anatrnyc
910 Views, 13 Replies

AutoCAD 2012 Installation Problem

Hi,

I’ve setup a network deployment server.  All licenses can be checked out.  However, when I tried to install in the client PC, I have the following error during Setup initializing:

Error-Access Denied.JPG
The deployment shared folder already set to simple share with Everyone having Full Access Rights (Tested that users can read & write the folder).  I have also turn off the firewall and antivirus in the client pc as well as the server. FYI, the same installation file works well when i install it as a stand alone trial version.  Attached is the log file created today when trying to install. What could possibly be the problem? I am running out of options troubleshooting this problem.

Please help.

Regards,

Rachel

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
tcorey
in reply to: anatrnyc

That message sure seems to point to access problems to the deployment location, but just for fun, delete the contents of the client %temp% location. If this is over-full, it can cause weird errors during deployment.

Also, double check that you can ping the deployment server by hostname, not just ip. Maybe a dns issue?

Your log file is devoid of information. Is that the log file from the server or the client? Have you looked at both? Maybe more information will be available in the other log file.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 14
anatrnyc
in reply to: tcorey

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your suggestion.  Unfortunetely, i still get the same error.

I can ping the server using host name.  I've also cleared the Temp folder, and the log file in the server shows that everything has been installed successfully.

Any more suggestions?

Regards,

Rachel

Message 4 of 14
tcorey

Is there a chance that your permissions start too low in the share tree?

I usually make a share called Autodesk Deployments, full control to all users at this level and below, and then have a deployment folder for each different Autodesk program under that. Do your access rights start this high? If you're piggybacking this to a different share, maybe make a dedicated share like I do and see if that helps.

Something better work for you, I'm running out of ideas and you're probably running out of patience!

Tim

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 5 of 14
TravisNave

The file and folder permissions also need to have full write access.  The 'everyone' account should have full rights to the share and folder permissions both.  The local user needs to have local administrator rights to the machine.  Any kind of denial is implicit over granted access, so double-check your permissions, OU, and/or GPO on the domain as well.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 14
anatrnyc
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi Travis/Tim

I've asked my collegue, a network guy to check on all those.  Seems everything is what it should be.  I've even tried to copy the whole deployment folder to the client pc and run the installation. But as expected, the same error pops up.  I've also tried to to run the installation within the server.  And that works.  So it is quite confirmed that it has something to do with network or sharing permission.

Is there any alternative ways? Is there a way for me to do the client installation offline, then later connect to grab the license from the server? I am so going to format the server already.

Regards,

Rachel

Message 7 of 14
tcorey

You should try creating a deployment on one or your workstations, not your server, and then have other clients access the install from there. Don't copy your existing deployment. Create a new one.

Yes, you can create deployments and install them to clients before the license manager is installed. You just won't be able to run the software you've installed on the clients until the license server is up and running.

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 8 of 14
anatrnyc

Hi Tim,

I am going to give this a try now.  Will let you know if it turns out okay or not.  Thanks for your suggestion. *Cross my fingers and hope this works.

Regards,

Rachel

Message 9 of 14
anatrnyc

Hi Tim,

I've create a deployment on my notebook.  But when i tried to run the installation, it seems like nothing happen.  I've checked the task manager and i notice that the setup.exe service was up for a while, then disappear.  This time, no error message or any sort.

Attached is the log file generated.

Regards,

Rachel

Message 10 of 14
tcorey

Rachel, phone me at 530.209.4385 and we can do a remote connection so we can see if we can get this working for you.

Tim

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 11 of 14
TravisNave

Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

This is a common issue and has less to do with your deployment and more to do with a prerequisite installer failure.  See my KB on this issue here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Some-Products-Fail-to-Install-Result-1603/m-p/3...

Also, on a side note, you are not required to create a deployment for network installation as you were in older versions.  You can install the network version direct from media or download if you prefer.  Just a thought...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 12 of 14
anatrnyc

Hi Tim,

I wish I could do that.  First of all, I am in Malaysia (Time differences).  Secondly, the server resides in my organization with firewall protection and strict policies for remote connection.  We don't even have the rights to access it remotely from home.

Anyway, the weirdest thing is that one of my colleague manage to install it.  I've copied the whole deployment folder(from the server) to his notebook and he run the setup.exe from within the AdminImage folder. It took him about 3 hours to have it installed and run successfully.  It proves that the deployment has no issue.  But using the same deployment folder, I tried it on my notebook and a desktop PC, it does not work.  The setup.exe just appear and disappear quickly.  Then nothing happens. No error message as well.

He is going to help me troubleshoot some more today.

Regards,

Rachel

Message 13 of 14
anatrnyc

Hi Travis,

My installation did not even reach this stage.  It stops at the Setup initialization. However, I will give it a try.

Yes, just knew that I could install the network version directly.  Tried this but as mentioned in my previous post, I did not get any error but the whole installation kinda stop.

Regards,

Rachel

Message 14 of 14
anatrnyc

Hi Travis,

It works! I've followed your instruction and it works! I am so happy!

Thank you....thank you.

Thank you Tim for your support as well!

Regards,

Rachel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report