Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2012 Failed Install (Installer Stopped Prematurely)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
SBMtmiller
861 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD 2012 Failed Install (Installer Stopped Prematurely)

AutoCAD 2012 x86 install using the extracted files. The install launches fine, I enter the license / serial number info. The install fails during the pre-req's. I've traced it to the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable.  When I try to install this manually from C:\Autodesk\AutoCAD_2012_Multilingual_WIN_32bit\3rdParty\x86\VCRedist\2005, I get an error: "Installer Stopped Prematurely." Followed by: "Error 1719. The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed."

Has anyone had this issue with XP machines? It is happening on a good number of machines at our location, but not all. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SBMtmiller
in reply to: SBMtmiller

This particular issue was resolved by removing WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe and doing a MSIEXEC /UNREG then MSIEXEC /REGSERVER. \

There is now another machine where the AutoCAD 2012 install is just failing half-way through the install. 

Message 3 of 5
emily.xu

Can you post the installation log file here? You can find it under the folder %temp%.

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 4 of 5
SBMtmiller
in reply to: emily.xu

Log File

Message 5 of 5
emily.xu

Thank you for the update and upload the log file.

From the file,it failed at Autocad 2012 installation with 1603 error code. For 1603 is a general code,normally related to the user rights, and many things can cause such type of error. so I give you the followint suggestions:

1  Please use another user with local admin rights to login your system and install. I recommend the system default user 'Administrator'.

2  Please turn off the anti-virus and firewall.

3  Make sure your installation media is correct. Check if you can install without any problem on another machine using the same media.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report