Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2011 for Mac Crashes on Start

48 REPLIES 48
Message 1 of 49
ottoman42
10466 Views, 48 Replies

AutoCAD 2011 for Mac Crashes on Start

I downloaded and installed AutoCAD2011 twice and both times everything worked fine, but it always Crashes on the loading screen. No error message or anything.  Can anyone help with this?

48 REPLIES 48
Message 41 of 49
ottoman42
in reply to: teffcz

How did you fix it?
Message 42 of 49
jvincent76
in reply to: ottoman42

Was a solution to this problem ever found? I have been using AutoCAD on may MAC for several months now and yesterday it refused to open. Tried to uninstall and reinstall several times but it still crashes before it opens. 

Any ideas?

Message 43 of 49
matthew.otto

I finally got mine to work today after about an hour and a half with a few people from AutoCAD support on a GoToMeeting conference call. My particular issue was traced to a Flexnet folder. But they have said other issues have caused similar problems but completely different causes. Sorry I can't be much more help, but there seems to be bugs they are trying to work out and actively fixing it. 

Message 44 of 49
shastiol

Installation failure on new mac pro w/fully updated system software, no further indications as to what is the problem, simply "Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

AAAGGH!

Message 45 of 49
oswaldj90
in reply to: matthew.otto

I eventually found a solution to the problem here. It appears to be an issue related to having adobe products while installing autoCAD, particulary the FLEXnet publisher folder.

Message 46 of 49
david.lau
in reply to: oswaldj90

This solution is also under the AutoCAD for Mac discussion group:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/Autocad-2011-MAc-doesn-t-start-up/m-p/2839093/highligh...

David Lau
Message 47 of 49
pideja
in reply to: david_a07

I'm glad it worked...but what, exactly did the trick?

pideja

Message 48 of 49
albert.yu
in reply to: pideja

That works for me, too the flexnet file.

Message 49 of 49

Mine crashes few minutes after launching.

It crashes after opening and letting it sit 1 or 2 minutes without any activity.(Untouched)

It crashes after few seconds of drafting lines picking the command from the tool bar.

If I pick a task from the menu bar, the pointer disappear but the tool tip will remain. Even though no action can be performed when the pointer is not present. Few seconds later AutoCRASHED!

I have tried everything around to no avail.

And wait!

Lion is out in summer (2011) and I gave it a try in there. Result: there is not even a possibility to install. It appears grey out: http://cl.ly/0E0O0y1u1e1O3P3I042Z

Please give me some good news!

OS X 10.6.7 (10J869) - iMac 27" 2.93 GHz Intel Core, Quad Core  i7, 4G RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5750

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report