Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2011 and 2012 (Student Version) Installtion Problems--Urgent fix needed!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
CADCIV
1012 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD 2011 and 2012 (Student Version) Installtion Problems--Urgent fix needed!

I have tried to install AutoCAD 2011 and 2012 both but am unable to install either of them.

For AutoCAD 2012, as soon as I start the install, I get an error message. The error goes along the lines of:

"/SecondRun/ lang en-us / FirstRunThreadID 3996"

**Each time I install, the FirstRunThreadID gives a different 4 digit number.

As for AutoCAD 2011, it fails installation at installing Micorosoft Visual C++ 2008 (x86) and installation aborts. (It also USED to fail at installing C++ 2005 but now apparently it passes that and reaches C++ 2008 where it fails)

From Log file for AutoCAD 2011:

InstallMicrosoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable (x86)FailedInstallation aborted, Result=193

I am trying to install 64 bit versions of both of them, but both dont work. I'm running a 64 bit WIndows 7 Professional with 4GB RAM.

**I have also manually installed the Visual C++ 2005 and 2008 (x86) and (x64) manually as well as used windows clean up utility to clean up AutoCAD after a failed install.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I need this program quite urgently.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
david.lau
in reply to: CADCIV

Can you check out this post?

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/09/autodesk-suites-product-design-suite-will-not-ins...

I am wondering if an updated Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package is causing the problem.

David Lau
Message 3 of 7
CADCIV
in reply to: david.lau

I checked the "uninstall a program" and it says I have visual C++ 2005 and 2008 installed but not 2010.

Message 4 of 7
david.lau

Uninstall all the Visual C++ 2005 and 2008 and see if you can install AutoCAD 2011/2012.

David Lau
Message 5 of 7
CADCIV
in reply to: david.lau

Hi, thanks for the suggestion but I encountered a problem

I was able to unstill the visual c++ 2005 completely but not 2008 (x86). It gives me an error saying "Another program is being installed. Please wait until that installation is complete, and then try installing this software again "  I even reboots my computer but it still gives me this message.

In addition, AutoCAD also fails to instal and crashes at installing the visual 2008 x86.  I think maybe the visual 2008 x86 is corrupted? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Message 6 of 7
CADCIV

Solved the problem. My mistake was unrar-ing the setup files. turns out I didnt have to. It installed!

Thanks for all the effort, appreciated.

Message 7 of 7
CADCIV

ACTUALLY IT DIDNT INSTALL. IT SAYS ONE INSTANCE OF INSTALL IS ALREADY RUNNING AND FAILS AT VISUAL X86

i'll probably reinstall windows

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report