Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2011 Trial - Asks for Activation / Product Key

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
cadhack62
5670 Views, 12 Replies

AutoCAD 2011 Trial - Asks for Activation / Product Key

Installed AutoCAD 2011 Trial - 30 day trial selected when setting up install.

I also chose to download and install service pack.

When I start AutoCAD, I get a window stating that activation is required?

This also shows a "License Status Code - 2.10.0"

Click on activate - goes to new window asking for key and product code.

Cannot find an error log, other than the POS Akamai DLM log, which is empty.

(You really should consider another DLM, or skip it. It's CRAP. IMHO)

What gives??

RTA

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
zerap
in reply to: cadhack62

thanx

Message 3 of 13
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: cadhack62

Hi cadhack62,

If you are installing a Trial Version, when you reach the Activation Page or Activate your License page, you would be given 2 options:

- Enter a Serial Number or Product Key

- Activate on a 30 day Trial Period

Please choose the Activate on a 30 day Trial Period, thus you would not be asked to enter a Serial Number or Product Key. Note too that on the website, you can only download the 2012 Trial Version.

From which site are you trying to download the 2011 version? Please include upon reply.  

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 4 of 13

Hi Joane,

I am also having the same issue when I installed AutoCAD trail for 30 days and it doesnt show me the 2 options you had listed 

It asks me give a product-key and activation code, but I dont have one as I still want to evaluate the 30 day version before purchasing.

I've installed the AutoCAD 2012 for Mac from autodesk's website.

Kindly Advice,

Ramya

Message 5 of 13

Hi ramya.prakash,

I'm currently looking into the error as attached, I'll get back to you once done.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 6 of 13

Joanne,

Did you ever resolve this issue. I am having the same problem with autocad electrical 2013. Wont give me option to use 30 day trial, only option is to activate with product code key. I installed and unistalled several times. I removed evrything I could find in C drive and registry with revo. Still same problem. Any Ideas?

Mike Wedderman 

Message 7 of 13
philip.s
in reply to: mwedderman

Hi Mike,

Have you by chance changed your computer clock / date and time settings recently? Have you tried downloading another trial (AutoCAD) to see if it duplicates the issue? Can you confirm that you are installing in trial mode and not entering a generic serial number in the standalone deployment box?

Message 8 of 13
mwedderman
in reply to: philip.s

Phillip,

The first time I downloaded the program on sept 17 it worked. I ran a system restore for a internet problem I was having with windows. The next day, because of the system restore I had to reload the program. After reloading, the run option was gone and only the activation option was present. At this point I changed the time date settings to see if it would work. It did not work. I removed all autocad files with revo program and reloaded again and still doesnt work. Also I clicked on try for 30 days on the install. Any Ideas?

Mike  

Message 9 of 13
philip.s

Hi Mike,

Not sure on this but it definitely could be resulting from the system restore... I see that you have an Educational License of AutoCAD 2012 linked to your account. Are you still a student / is there a reason why you can't just request an AutoCAD Electrical 2013 license from within the Education Community to activate the software with? 

Message 10 of 13
mwedderman

Phillp,

I am working part time as I go to school. My employer would like me to show them offical drafts. I am hoping to convince them to purchase me a license. Most likely will happen. Why is this program not recognizing the 30 day license? Maybe a windows setting?

Mike

Message 11 of 13
philip.s

I'm not 100% sure on what would be causing it as this point. I'm doing some additional research and will be getting back to you ASAP with a potential solution.

Thank you for your patience.

Message 12 of 13
mwedderman

Phillip,

Any Luck? Was just wondering if the certificate has anything to do with it. I attached a picture. Thanks

Mike

Message 13 of 13
philip.s

Hi Mike,

I was able to find out that if you have previously activated the software, it is not possible to regress into a trial mode without reformatting the hard drive.

As you're still a registered member of the Education Community, have you considered downloading and installing (not activating) a previous version of AutoCAD Electrical or install the 2013 trial on a different machine? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report