Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2010 on Windows 7 Pro - First Run requires Admin rights

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mmanning
2233 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD 2010 on Windows 7 Pro - First Run requires Admin rights

OK, so I have already seen this thread

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Civil-3D-2011-deployment-first-run-requires-adm...

Note that it is a few months old, I wonder if there is a solution to this yet?

My situation is very similar to the one in the original thread. In my case the install is AutoCAD 2010 64-bit on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. And as with the original poster, I can first run when logged in as the administrator right after installing, but once I log in as a standard user and try to run AutoCAD I am prompted 2 times to enter admin credentials as seperate add-ins install.

All of my users are Power Users

This does NOT happen when I install any version of AutoCAD on my older XP computers, and those computers have many group policies in place that I would suspect would be more likely to interfere with an install

Thanks in advance

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hashim.mundol
in reply to: mmanning

Did you try with UAC disabled ?

there are no addins installed when you run the program, secondary installed only creates profile related files/registries.

as documented here

usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1055299

2010 was not extensively tested with Windows 7. if you have similar issues with 2011, we could do more investigation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
mmanning

Disabling UAC does nothing to resolve this issue.

Add-ins or modules or whatever, two seperate item on the 'secondary install' trigger the need for admin credentials

I hadn't intended to upgrade up to 2011 right now, but if this user rights issue is going to be a problem I may have to. Since we are in the process of a hardware refresh, moving from older XP machines to Win7, now would be a good time to do that I suppose.

Message 4 of 4
mmanning

And the solution is....

Do NOT use the desktop icon that is created when the program is installed to open AutoCAD for the first time. Instead, open AutoCAD from the Start menu. I don't know why this makes a difference, but for some reason this solution works without a hitch.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report