Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2010 cant find network license

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
564 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD 2010 cant find network license

Hi,
We just upgraded to acad 2010 (from 2008), and obtained a new license file. The 2008 version works perfectly as before. But the 2010 version somehow doesn't find the license. It pops a dialog telling I need to activate. But I've already reinstalled the network license utility, and configured a service with the new license file.

Is there a way to explicitly tell acad 2010 to go and look for a network license?

It shouldn't be a network issue, since the license server runs on the very same box I try to use acad2010 on, and, the 2008 version just works. There are no traces of attempt to start the 2010 version in the flexlm debug log, but the 2008 version does checks out (and in) licenses.

Any suggestions?

/Johan
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

It's because your AutoCAD 2010 was installed as the stand-alone version. You need to completely uninstall the product and reinstall, ensuring that you configure the installation as a network version. If you simply do a default install, it will install as stand-alone instead of network.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks, now it works.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report