Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2010 MEP - Network Flex License Borrowed - Can't open AutoCAD

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
rbenjaminross
2528 Views, 10 Replies

AutoCAD 2010 MEP - Network Flex License Borrowed - Can't open AutoCAD

I am running AutoCAD 2010 MEP through single server network licensing. I successfully borrowed the license till the end of this month. Once I shut my computer down for the day and rebooted the next morning and I was unable to open AutoCAD 2010 MEP. When I try and open AutoCAD 2010 MEP it first lets me specify the license server location and when I do nothing happens then it wants me to locate the License File on the computer which I have no idea where a borrowed lincese would be located. When I cancel because nothing else works I get the bolow messages:

"The License Server returned a networking error. see your System Administrator for Assistance."

A valid License could not be obtained by the network license manager. Error [-96.7.11001]
(I have checked and restarted the server and it is the correct path.....)

Finally when I try and restart AutoCAD 2010 MEP I get the below message:

A valid License could not be obtained by the network license manager. Error [-5.412.0]
(I have borrowed the lincense of course it couldn't find it on the server......)

I have searched all of the Discussion group threads and have found no solution thus far.
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: rbenjaminross

A couple of things may cause this... 1. You are on a laptop with a docking station. 2. You are on a laptop that can enable/disable a wifi or ethernet NIC. 3. You are logged in now with different credentials.
Do any of these describe your situation?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 11

1.) I am on a laptop with a docking station.
2.) It disables WIFI when docked
3.) I am always logged on as Admin
4.) I thought I was able to open AutoDesk NavisWorks 2010 which I borrowed on the same day and it will not even launch the program???? Edited by: rbenjaminross on May 5, 2010 8:28 PM
Message 4 of 11
TravisNave

This is a typical problem because of the changes in the MAC address between the docking station and/or the WiFi. When you borrow a license while docked, the borrowed license attaches to the MAC address of the docking station. When you remove the laptop, you essentially make the license useless. The same would be true if you acquired the license via WiFi and then disabled the WiFi. Essentially, if you borrowed a license and then your network hardware changes, your license becomes invalid. To prevent this issue, borrow a license after you undock -or- clone the MAC address of your docking station to match your NIC.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 11

So how do I fix the issue at hand. Please give me a step by step...... How do I release the borrowed license at this point? Do I need to clean my registry? I have been borrowing lincenses for the past 8 months on this machine and had no issue with the docking station or wifi......
Message 6 of 11
TravisNave

What you'll want to try to do is ensure that your laptop setup is exactly the way it was when you borrowed the license. That means if you were docked, wifi off, etc., this is the point you want to be. If your license is borrowed, at that point you should be able to launch the application (as the same user of course) and see that the license is borrowed. At that point you can return it.
If for some reason you are unable to duplicate the situation that your laptop was in when you borrowed the license, let me know because it's gonna require a process that is ugly and not officially supported.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 11

I have replicated my laptop to be exactly how it was when I borrowed the licenses and I am unable to launch the programs. What is my next step...... Ugly or not I need to ba able to fix this promptly. I appreciate all of your support.
Message 8 of 11
TravisNave

Okay, I need to know a few things.
a. Can you connect to the license manager still?
2. If so, you are probably out of licenses which is why you are having this problem I assume... What is the error code you are getting?
d. Do you have the authority to make changes to the license manager?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 11

a. I still have connectivity to the license manager.

2. I provided the error messages above in the initial post.

d. The license manager is in another state and I have no authority with it. I only have authority with making changes to my laptop at hand.
Message 10 of 11

OK so I have found a fix! Thank you Thai Nguyen for your KUNG FU Skills!

Locate the CascadeInfo.cas file within application data for Autodesk and deleted it after backing up to another drive and that has solved the issue. Edited by: rbenjaminross on May 5, 2010 11:27 PM
Message 11 of 11
TravisNave

I've said it before and I'll say it again... it's amazing how many different issues deleting that CascadeInfo.cas file fixes!!! Glad you are up and running.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report