Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2004 & Inventor Pro

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
365 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD 2004 & Inventor Pro

I have installed 2 seats of Inventor Pro 8.0 and 4 seats of Inventor Series 8.0 for a total of 6 licenses, both of these softwares contain AutoCAD 2004. My problem starts when I launch one of My AutoCAD seats, it defaults to one of the Pro licenses. My Inventor works fine, it recognizes the difference between Pro and Series but the AutoCAD simply sees the Pro. Any help here would be great.

Thanks
Donnie
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Donnie, It depends on the CD you installed AutoCAD 2004 from. If you install it from the Inventor Pro CD set it will pull a Pro license, if installed from the Series CD it will pull a Series license. -- Jerry Milana, Autodesk Professional Services "morridr" wrote in message news:16354920.1079474079922.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I have installed 2 seats of Inventor Pro 8.0 and 4 seats of Inventor Series 8.0 for a total of 6 licenses, both of these softwares contain AutoCAD 2004. My problem starts when I launch one of My AutoCAD seats, it defaults to one of the Pro licenses. My Inventor works fine, it recognizes the difference between Pro and Series but the AutoCAD simply sees the Pro. Any help here would be great. > > Thanks > Donnie
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

That is exactly how I installed it and I somewhat understand. The one thing I don't understand is why Inventor created two different shortcut icons (one for Pro and one for Series) AutoCAD creates only one. The only difference I can see in the Inventor icons is the Target:
"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 8\Bin\Inventor.exe" (this is the Pro)

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 8\Bin\Inventor.exe" /aislicense
(this is the series)

I have tried to duplicate this with the acad by creating two icons and adding /aislicense to the target with no success.

Any thoughts?????

Thanks
Donnie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report