Installation & Licensing

morridr
Message 1 of 3 (115 Views)

AutoCAD 2004 & Inventor Pro

115 Views, 2 Replies
03-16-2004 01:53 PM
I have installed 2 seats of Inventor Pro 8.0 and 4 seats of Inventor Series 8.0 for a total of 6 licenses, both of these softwares contain AutoCAD 2004. My problem starts when I launch one of My AutoCAD seats, it defaults to one of the Pro licenses. My Inventor works fine, it recognizes the difference between Pro and Series but the AutoCAD simply sees the Pro. Any help here would be great.

Thanks
Donnie
*jerry milana
Message 2 of 3 (115 Views)

Re: AutoCAD 2004 & Inventor Pro

03-16-2004 10:28 PM in reply to: morridr
Hi Donnie, It depends on the CD you installed AutoCAD 2004 from. If you install it from the Inventor Pro CD set it will pull a Pro license, if installed from the Series CD it will pull a Series license. -- Jerry Milana, Autodesk Professional Services "morridr" wrote in message news:16354920.1079474079922.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I have installed 2 seats of Inventor Pro 8.0 and 4 seats of Inventor Series 8.0 for a total of 6 licenses, both of these softwares contain AutoCAD 2004. My problem starts when I launch one of My AutoCAD seats, it defaults to one of the Pro licenses. My Inventor works fine, it recognizes the difference between Pro and Series but the AutoCAD simply sees the Pro. Any help here would be great. > > Thanks > Donnie
morridr
Message 3 of 3 (115 Views)

Re: AutoCAD 2004 & Inventor Pro

03-17-2004 05:21 AM in reply to: morridr
That is exactly how I installed it and I somewhat understand. The one thing I don't understand is why Inventor created two different shortcut icons (one for Pro and one for Series) AutoCAD creates only one. The only difference I can see in the Inventor icons is the Target:
"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 8\Bin\Inventor.exe" (this is the Pro)

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 8\Bin\Inventor.exe" /aislicense
(this is the series)

I have tried to duplicate this with the acad by creating two icons and adding /aislicense to the target with no success.

Any thoughts?????

Thanks
Donnie

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube