Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2000i NLM Retirement question

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
buds
223 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD 2000i NLM Retirement question

Hi

I am aware that AutoCAD 2000i will expire on January 15,2005, so It means all upgrades and technical support will no longer be offered.

But regarding on the technical support, I would like to ask if the authorization of code is also affected?

For Example, We have 28 AutoCAD 2000i NLM license installed on our server and we bought this software only for the last 2 years(2002 and 2003) But right now due to our budget constraints we can not upgrade immediately our 2000i to 2005. If the server network card fails or malfunction on Jan. 30, 2005. Of course We have to re-install the AutoCAD 2000i NLM on our server and request for authorization code. Does the Autodesk will give us a new Authorization Code?
Because one of the dealer told us that Autodesk will not give any Authorization Code for 2000i starting Jan 16. 2005 and we have to buy AutoCAD 2005? Is this true?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: buds

Hi Buds, I don't think it's true. I've some costumers who're running R14 network licenses and they got their AuthCodes via email without any troubles. It's more important that you look at your CD's. There's no way for replacement orders if the CD gots damanged or lost. Hardware locks or media can't be replaced after product retirement. Regards Andy
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: buds

Buds, I checked with our authorizations department. There are no current plans to discontinue issuing authorization codes for AutoCAD 2000i so you will be fine with auth codes. Your exposure to problems has more to do with evolving technology. For example, if new operating systems or service packs render the AutoCAD 2000i licensing system unusable you would not be able to get any help on that issue. -- Jerry Milana, Autodesk Consulting "buds" wrote in message news:7040339.1095516189522.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hi > > I am aware that AutoCAD 2000i will expire on January 15,2005, so It means all upgrades and technical support will no longer be offered. > > But regarding on the technical support, I would like to ask if the authorization of code is also affected? > > For Example, We have 28 AutoCAD 2000i NLM license installed on our server and we bought this software only for the last 2 years(2002 and 2003) But right now due to our budget constraints we can not upgrade immediately our 2000i to 2005. If the server network card fails or malfunction on Jan. 30, 2005. Of course We have to re-install the AutoCAD 2000i NLM on our server and request for authorization code. Does the Autodesk will give us a new Authorization Code? > Because one of the dealer told us that Autodesk will not give any Authorization Code for 2000i starting Jan 16. 2005 and we have to buy AutoCAD 2005? Is this true?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report