Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 04 Administrative Access

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
146 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD 04 Administrative Access

et al; Is there a way to remove the Administrator checks using an MST? Using a Novell based network to distribute and launch the MSI, and Novell grants itself administrator privileges for the duration of the product install, however the account check doesn't discover the administrative access and just passes back out with the default error code. Would it be possible to remove all the admin checks and the program successfully install? (Before I work through that really long MST...) - Junior Network Systems Programmer Indiana University Purdue University Fort Wayne HTTP://users.ipfw.edu/fraserm/
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm an idiot, Removing the admin Launch Condition check along with several other admin checks in places allowed the program to be properly run without adjusting the permissions for the installer. >>> Michael Fraser 8/3/2004 11:18:45 AM >>> et al; Is there a way to remove the Administrator checks using an MST? Using a Novell based network to distribute and launch the MSI, and Novell grants itself administrator privileges for the duration of the product install, however the account check doesn't discover the administrative access and just passes back out with the default error code. Would it be possible to remove all the admin checks and the program successfully install? (Before I work through that really long MST...) - Junior Network Systems Programmer Indiana University Purdue University Fort Wayne http://users.ipfw.edu/fraserm/
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Michael Fraser wrote: > I'm an idiot, > > Removing the admin Launch Condition check along with several other > admin checks in places allowed the program to be properly run without > adjusting the permissions for the installer. > Where did you find this check to disable the admin launch condition check? -- Dan Verbarg BHDP Architecture Cincinnati, OH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report