Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autdesk Education Master Suite 2013 issuing license

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
badrinath
857 Views, 21 Replies

Autdesk Education Master Suite 2013 issuing license

Single license file License Manager service as a single-server-model.

Checking license takes approximately 5 min in one site and some sites it takes 8 mins & issues the license

Pl. find the below detailed scenario

Server Specs: Windows server 2008 R2, 64 Bit OS,32 GB

Product is Education master suite 2013  licenses & the server configuration is through single server

The license server is in different sub net , but the connecting between the sever and the client is good , we tried pinging – this is fine and response is good

tried telnet - it is communicating to the ports 2080  & other recommended ports.

we have set the environmental variables FLEXLM_TIMEOUT to 100000000 & also ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE pointing to the server

After all the above setting it takes 5 min in one site and some sites it takes 8 mins.

please adive any solution will be greatful to you.

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
TravisNave
in reply to: badrinath

Welcome to the Autodesk peer support forum!

Does it actually sit there and prompt that it is checking for the license? 

Your timeout variable seems a little high, but ultimately shouldn't matter. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 22
badrinath
in reply to: TravisNave

thanks for your response , yes it load the software and then sits on for 5 min + given the messege checking license

after this it issues the license.

please advice

Message 4 of 22
TravisNave

And every product in the Suite does this or just one of the products?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 22
badrinath

every product does the same thing

Message 6 of 22
TravisNave

If you borrow a license, does it open immediately?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 22
badrinath

yes , it does open quickly when the license is borrowed

also is found out the below:
When I borrowed the license it works well for that windows user A , once we log-off A & log-on with the different user- B in the same desktop , it is again checking for license and works will only if you borrow being this user-B.
Is this how it works or anything can be done to borrow so it works for all the users with One borrow
Message 8 of 22
TravisNave

No, that is by design.  Borrow is dependent on the user. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 22
badrinath

thanks , pl advice on the license delay issue
waitiing for response
Message 10 of 22
TravisNave

Hmmm...  Is the Autodesk License Service started on the client before the application opens?  If not, try starting it manually then launch. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 22
badrinath

Sent from my iPad
Message 12 of 22
badrinath

Thanks , will try , pL advice the variable in client PC
Message 13 of 22
TravisNave

The variable should really not have to be set for more than one-million (1000000), which equals one second of delay.  I don't think having one-hundred million will cause any problems, but I've never set it that high before.  It's just a timeout to wait for the server to send the license response. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 14 of 22
badrinath

Pl let me know which service you r mentioning in the client
Message 15 of 22
TravisNave

The Flexnet Licensing Service in services.msc.  Or similarly named, I assume.  Typically it is set to manual and starts when the app starts.  You might have luck starting it first, then launching.  It's just a thought...

Autodesk Forums:
Message 16 of 22
badrinath

Will try & update , pl let me know if any more suggestion you have
Message 17 of 22
dgorsman

It *might* be looking for other license servers first if multiple servers are specified and the first one(s) checked doesn't have the required license or doesn't exist.  For example we've consolidated our licenses over the years and some of the old installs were pointing to license server names which didn't exist any more.  There's a host of different locations to specify the license server - env variable, registry, LIC files off the top of my head.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 18 of 22
TravisNave
in reply to: dgorsman

@dgorsman wrote:

It *might* be looking for other license servers first if multiple servers are specified and the first one(s) checked doesn't have the required license or doesn't exist.  For example we've consolidated our licenses over the years and some of the old installs were pointing to license server names which didn't exist any more.  There's a host of different locations to specify the license server - env variable, registry, LIC files off the top of my head.

Very good point.  I would definitely check the LICPATH.LIC file (if exists) as well as the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE system environment variable and make sure all are accurate.  In fact, adding the variable might help. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 19 of 22
badrinath
in reply to: dgorsman

Thank for your time , u r suggesting uninstall & reinstalling the client
Message 20 of 22
TravisNave

No.  Just changing the pathing to how the client looks to get the license file. 

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report