Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Architecture 2012 installation failure error 2738

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
keith
2570 Views, 13 Replies

Architecture 2012 installation failure error 2738

I have had numerous attempts at trying to install AutoCAD Architecture 2012 on a W7 (SP1) 32bit PC. The installation fails with error 2738 during the final part of the install. I have installed latest DirectX and Dot NET 4.0 but still same error. The install log reports failure with error 1603 (not 2738).

The install download has been extracted and run from a server location. I tried copying the install structure to a DVD but part way through the install asks for the install disc(despite the fact it's running from the disc).

I have successfully installed the 64bit version (W7) on a laptop - no issues.

Any help would be appreciated.

Keith

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
pendean
in reply to: keith
Message 3 of 14
keith
in reply to: pendean

Thanks Dean but I've already checked the Windows Script Host issue. I'm running WSH v5.8 and I've run some VBscript to check that it's working. Not sure what else I can do.

Is this error being generated by the MSI or by Autodesk's installer? Either way it's not particulary helpful. It would be nice to know what the script is trying to do, which might be the real issue rather than WSH runtime.

Message 4 of 14
alison.gangler

Hi,

If the issue is not due to the WSH, please check the following post to see if this could help resolve the issue:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Install-error-2738-Could-not-access-VBScript-ru...

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Alison

Alison Gangler
Install Engineer/PDG-AEC Product Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 14
keith
in reply to: alison.gangler

Hi

I don't get the same errors in the install log that you refer to.

The log file just says

Install AutoCAD® Architecture 2012 Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

and then rolls back.

I've just about given up with this. I'll continue to use 2011 and wait until next year. So much for the value of Subscriptions!

Thanks for you reply anyway.

Message 6 of 14
alison.gangler

Hi Keith,

The error you are referring to is actually in the setup.log. If you can locate the Install log in the same location, the file will be much larger. You can zip the log file and attach it to the post and I'd be happy to analyze it for you. Usually, the log file will tell us exactly why the 1603 error was triggered and I'd be happy to help if you like.

Thanks,

Alison

Alison Gangler
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 14
keith

Thanks Alison

Maybe all is not lost!

You didn't give the name of the file but I hope the attached is correct.

Keith

Message 8 of 14
alison.gangler

Hi Keith,

When I analyze the log, it shows the same error as in the other thread, related to the Content Service (copied from the log you provided):

(SERVER)     MSI (s) (50:7C) [09:01:27:873]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\Windows\Installer\MSI4CE0.tmp, Entrypoint: CheckInstalledFonts
(SERVER)     MSI (s) (50:B4) [09:01:28:466]: Executing op: ActionStart(Name=AcadAddin.UpdateContentService.34608361_A001_0A01_B26F_8D0B4BE5AD02,,)
(SERVER)     MSI (s) (50:B4) [09:01:28:466]: Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=AcadAddin.UpdateContentService.34608361_A001_0A01_B26F_8D0B4BE5AD02,ActionType=1062,Source=On error resume next

Can you verify in the Add Remove Programs/Programs and Features whether the Autodesk Content Service shows as being installed?  If so, please uninstall it as this is often the step to resolve the issue.

If the Content Service package was installed but then removed, the Windows Installer information could have been left behind so you can also try to use CCleaner to search for obsolete packages and remove any abandoned registry entries related to the Content Service.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/standard

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Alison

Alison Gangler
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 14
keith

Hi Alison

Autodesk Content Service IS installed but I can't uninstall it.

'Installer has encountered an unexpected error.' and guess what ... the error code is 2738.

I've tried repairing the msi from its Windows location. I've tried running the original ContentService.msi from a DVD and from a network source (the original install path). Every action gets to the error and rolls back. I've run CCleaner as well but as Content Service is still installed I didn't really expect that to make a difference.

I still have ACA 2011 installed on this PC, should that make any difference?

This certainly appears to be the root cause but how can I uninstall the Content Service?

Message 10 of 14
alison.gangler

Hi Keith,

In this case, try using Revo Uninstaller, download the free version from:

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Install the utility on your machine and launch it. Then choose to uninstall the Content Service. The Content Service uninstall dialogs will lauch and fail with the usual 2738 error. Then you can follow through with the subsequent dialogs from Revo which will survey the drive and registry for left over information.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Alison

Alison Gangler
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 14
morehead

Alison

I have the same issue, downloaded the removal tool...now what - it did not remove the programme and cofirms many registry errors etc remain.

John

Message 12 of 14
alison.gangler
in reply to: morehead

Hi John,

The clean uninstall will help:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17031128&linkID=9240617

Otherwise, are you able to try CCleaner? http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/standard

Please let me know if either of these suggestions help.

Thanks,

Alison

Alison Gangler
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 14
keith

Hi Alison

Revo removed the Content Service. The uninstall left behind a lot of redundant registry entries and folders which I deleted as the last part of the advanced uninstall in Revo.

I tried re-installing ACA2012 but the first attempt failed saying it couldn't install Content Service! I tried again and the install stopped with another error. Unfortunately I can't recall exactly what the message was, I was going to do a reboot and try again anyway. I thought the install was rolling back but no, it carried on and completed the installation.

I've migrated the 2011 settings and all appears to be OK running in 2012.

Thank you for your help, much appreciated.

Keith

Message 14 of 14
Osi_turk

Hello everyone. i know this problem and solution too ))) please fallow this steps.

first of all you have to delete the relevant registry entries and re-register the DLL.
Please make sure you back up the registry/system before you make any changes to the registry (how u can look at from microsft official site)
To delete the registry, please run following commands with elevated privileges

On Windows 7/64 bit System
1-) reg delete "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{B54F3741-5B07-11CF-A4B0-00AA004A55E8}" /f
2-) reg delete "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{B54F3741-5B07-11CF-A4B0-00AA004A55E8}" /f
u must delete both

optional if you have 32 bit win7
On Windows 7 32 bit
reg delete "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{B54F3741-5B07-11CF-A4B0-00AA004A55E8}" /f

To Re-register the DLL please run following commands with elevated privileges
make copy+paste one by one
On Windows 7 64 bit System
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 vbscript.dll
c:\windows\system32\regsvr32 vbscript.dll

On Windows 7 32 bit (optional for 32 bit win7)
c:\windows\system32\regsvr32 vbscript.dll

this step is so important. if u want to solve then you have to trust me. If you had McAfee Antivirus in the past (even if you have unistalled it might leave some trace)
please use this tool to remove it completly.
http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

now intsall again. it will work, be sure )))) if you had activation problem after install then write me again. i know that slotion too...
Best Regard
Osman from Turkey

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report