Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Architecture 2012 Installation Fails

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rgeorge
837 Views, 2 Replies

Architecture 2012 Installation Fails

I am trying to install a single server seat of Architecture 2012 on a Win 7 64-bit PC.  It seems to be installing correctly for a while, then fails and rolls back.  A couple things I've noticed in the log files...

TRANSFORMS="D:\x64\en-us\ACA\ACA.mst;C:\Users\Julie\AppData\Local\Temp\_AIEA06.tmp\x64\ACA\ACA-standalone.mst"

Is is correct for it to be using a "standalone" file during the network installation?

The last two lines:

Install AutoCAD® Architecture 2012 Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

Rollback DirectX Runtime Failed Failure is ignored, Result=1619

And this is from ACA 2012 Global.log:

MSI (s) (28:44) [14:34:35:706]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: AutoCAD Architecture 2012 - English. Product Version: 6.7.49.0. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Autodesk. Installation success or error status: 1603.

I don't know if any of this is significant.  Let me know if it would help to upload either log files.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: rgeorge

Unfortunately 1603 is a generic error.  You might consider copying your media to a folder on your hard drive and installing from there instead.  That sometimes gives better results.  Make sure you have admin rights, UAC is off, and anti-virus is disabled.  Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
rgeorge
in reply to: TravisNave

Ok. A new twist...

I found a rogue installation of Arch 2012 on the PC and removed it.  I was then able to complete the installation.  However, when I try to run it, it starts the installation process again.  If I begin the installation process a second time, it does not recognize the product key. 

Two more bits of info...

I installed AutoCAD 2012 on the PC that won't accept the Architecture 2012, and it worked fine.

I installed Architecture 2012 on another PC on the same network (which is running Acad 2012 with no problems).  It installed, but when I ran it, I got a "no valid network license" message.  In every case, I am installing it using Single Server option.

This is driving me crazy.  Please help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report