Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application start error

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Najmos.sakib
1410 Views, 5 Replies

Application start error

Whenever I try to start Autodesk Inventor pro 2014, it says;
Inventor.exe - Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to 
close the application

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the product, but I keep getting the error. I even tried opening it in windows
diagnostic mode - still no use. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
david.lau
in reply to: Najmos.sakib

Please check your video card and confirm that it is certified to run with your version of Inventor that you have installed on your computer.  If you have an Nvidia Geforce card on a laptop, you can try the following:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/08/fatal-error-autocad-architecture-2014-2012-geforc...\

David Lau
Message 3 of 6
Najmos.sakib
in reply to: david.lau

Alright I fixed the problem, it was caused with an incompatability with Windows 8.1, all you have to do is install SP1 for Autodesk Inventor 2014 (I'm sure there is a service pack for 2013, too)
The SP1 download link for 2014: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22322619&linkID=9242019

Message 4 of 6
dwong-cc

Hey Najmos.sakib, Thank you very much for letting me know the solution. I've been searching around and got no real good answer until I stumbled upon this thread. It worked like a charm and I can now breath easier. I wish it didn't take me a day to figure out, but man am I glad your solution worked! Great job! Derek
Message 5 of 6
perrynaz

Whenever I try to start Autodesk Inventor pro 2013, it says;
Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to 
close the application

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the product, but I keep getting the error.

Message 6 of 6
david.lau
in reply to: perrynaz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report