Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appending License File

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
JFN_KSH
389 Views, 2 Replies

Appending License File

I'm trying to update our AutoCAD license file on our network server (single). We have two contract for AutoCAD (one contract - 19 Seats & the other contract - 30 Seats). When I append one license file with the other (following Autodesk instruction) & I re-read the license file, the license manager only report we have 30 seats...??? Whats wrong...

BTW I'm new to this licensing thing & being a civil designer I can tell you that managing theses licenses is a LOT of pain... So far I've been following Autodesk documentation to the letter & I always have some dark unknown issue... & as soon as we get familiar with all theses procedures, only then, Autodesk redesign all of their website/support... Only so we can be lost again I guess...

Any help would be appreciated...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: JFN_KSH

you need generate both license files on the same day

that is why your only seeing 30 seats because this was generated after the 19 seat license file

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Combining-License-Files-for-Subscription-and-No...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
JFN_KSH
in reply to: DarrenP

Thats it, you got it! I needed to apply the same day for both license file (same product). 

Suggestion to Autodesk; The automatic message generated from "noreply@autodesk.com", when you receive the license file, should include key  information like this one...

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report