Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Append or Replace portion of License

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mlhart
349 Views, 4 Replies

Append or Replace portion of License

Have received all new licenses for 2011 products and upgraded NLM to 11.7. My question is do I keep appending the license file with new licenses or delete my 2010 (or further back) licenses and replace with the 2011 licenses. I think the answer is append since I may still be using a 2010 product, it will need to grab a 2010 license correct? But the 2011 license does go back two versions although the serial numbers keep changing so I'm a little confused here!? Anyways the license file is getting quite long these days and i would like it cleaned up a bit. Any thoughts on this?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mlhart

Hello mlhart,
I'm on subscription where my license is good for 2 back versions. I installed
the NLM 11.7 with only the 2011 license and all our 2010 products work fine.
Can't say about 2009 since we don't have any running anymore.

> Have received all new licenses for 2011 products and upgraded NLM to
> 11.7. My question is do I keep appending the license file with new
> licenses or delete my 2010 (or further back) licenses and replace with
> the 2011 licenses. I think the answer is append since I may still be
> using a 2010 product, it will need to grab a 2010 license correct?
> But the 2011 license does go back two versions although the serial
> numbers keep changing so I'm a little confused here!? Anyways the
> license file is getting quite long these days and i would like it
> cleaned up a bit. Any thoughts on this?
>
Message 3 of 5
TravisNave

Your Subscription license actually runs three versions back. The serial number changes for the new version, but you can still install and use the old serial numbers for the older versions. Since your new license file will supersede the old one, you simply need to use the new one instead. Nothing to append or replace. You are already good to go!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 5
mlhart

Hey TravisNave,

I think I understand what your saying. But in my situation I have one license file that I have been using for years with multiply products on it and just adding the new license files as I receive them to the end of the list. I guess what I was wondering since the new licenses go back 3 versions or supercede any previous license then I could delete or clean-up my license file of all the previous licenses that have been added. I know the software really doesn't care how long the list is it just grabs the license required. The license file can be quite confusing to look at these days, but I think I will probably just keep adding any new license files I received to end of the list and keep moving forward.
Message 5 of 5
TravisNave

You can keep appending to your existing file if it is easier for you. The NLM will take care of the superseding licenses automatically. The older licenses will be redundant and ignored, but everything should still work for you as expected.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report