Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know anything about the "Faro" installation during download?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
aosborne2
486 Views, 4 Replies

Anyone know anything about the "Faro" installation during download?

Hi. I'm trying to install AutoCAD 2012, but it won't completely download. When I look at my log file, it says something about the Faro needing to be rebooted. I've restarted my computer multiple times, but it still says the same when I retry to install AutoCAD. Does anyone know where I can manually install Faro? I did this for .NET and Directx and the reboot went away. I'm hoping Faro is the problem. If anyone has any other suggestions, please help!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Patchy
in reply to: aosborne2

Go to Control Panel and remove the Faro junk, then reinstall Autocad.

Message 3 of 5
aosborne2
in reply to: Patchy

I uninstalled Faro and restarted my computer. I tried reinstalling AutoCAD, but it still failed. I've gotten rid of all the autodesk programs and tried installing AutoCAD 2012, but that still didn't work. I don't know what else to do.

Message 4 of 5
Patchy
in reply to: aosborne2

Go to Windows and search for FaroSDK.log (In Temp Folder) delete it.

Clean out everything in the Temp Folder

Try install Acad again.

Message 5 of 5
aosborne2
in reply to: Patchy

Thank you so much! I deleted everything out of the Windows Temp folder as well as the Local Temp folder. I restarted my laptop and tried reinstalling AutoCAD 2012 and it worked!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report