Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any time i run the application launching program it runs the setup

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sola77
256 Views, 2 Replies

Any time i run the application launching program it runs the setup

I just installed autocad but the program wont run. it always runs the setup. i've reinstalled about six times and everytime it does the same thing.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
GTVic
in reply to: sola77

I think you should be more specific about what you see and what happens after the setup finishes, there are different types of setup, the main install and setup for first time user. There is also a specific forum for installation issues.

Message 3 of 3
alison.gangler
in reply to: sola77

Hi,

A few questions:

1. What is the OS?

2. Please locate the install SETUP log from the TEMP directory from when you installed and upload it to the case. Does it show all Success for all the packages within the install?

3. Does your user account have full Admin permissions on the system?

The setup running everytime you launch the program is an indication that either the program didn't install completely and is till trying to set the user settings for your account or that your user account doesn't have adequate permissions to maintain the user application profile.

You can also enable the verbose logging for Windows Installer by following the instructions in this Microsoft KB Article on Logging . Then launch the program again and let the setup run. As soon as it finished, then browse to the TEMP directory, accessed by typing '%temp%' in the START > RUN and locate the log file which will be named similar to MSIxxxxx.log where the 'x' is either a number or a letter. This will perhaps also show why the installer continually needs to update the application when you launch it.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks,

Alison

Alison Gangler
Install Engineer/PDG-AEC Product Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report