Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another licensing issue

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
VampX
811 Views, 5 Replies

Another licensing issue

Hi there,

Ill keep it brief.

The Situation:
Network license run on linux server
Maya 2010 client side Windows XP
Starting up Maya 2010 error received when trying to find network license:

A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager
Error [-15.570.10035]

Then a further screen pops up with:
A license related problem has occurred.
[-12]

Verified the license manager is running.
No other errors received from any other machines, just this one.

I am very new to this company and very new to the AutoDesk Maya environment. Considering there was absolutely no documentation around when I came on board I think I'm doing very well, setting aside this issue.

All help greatly appreciated.

V
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: VampX

-12 Invalid returned data from license server system.
Did you follow the Autodesk directions on setting up the NLM on a Linux server?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
VampX

Unfortunately I wasn't the one who set it up. I shall have a look at it again though. Anything I need to be aware of? Funny that only one client is receiving the error whereas the others aren't. Network license is for 10.
Message 4 of 6
phcaduser

hi travis, what if i bought an autocad software in singapore and it was not used, can i legally use it in my office in the Philippines?
Message 5 of 6
ssadat

ping the server from client machine.check it is pinging?and when u run the autocad on client machine when it asked the server name enter the ip address not the server name and then try.
Message 6 of 6
VampX

Ok,

I've resolved this issue. Turns out the server daemon was actually listening on port 7112 and *not* 7111 - as the client is configured to send requests on.
Once I changed that it all loaded and didn't complain once. However, I am still in the dark as to how the others with exactly the same .dat file can be obtaining licenses.
Hmm.

I should have stated it was a multi license server machine too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report