And whatever backburner is, it doesn't like me. I don't know if it's related. I've also tried the repair option on the uninstall (which should be an option on the main autodesk menu). This was installed via USB.
This is for Ultimate 2013. 2012 works fine.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Since everyone else was busy, I fixed it myself.
Here is my hack solution. So if some things don't make sense or seem irrelevant, don't ask me why I did them. I flailed about until something worked.
This is for Windows 7 Btw.
1. Find a program called CCleaner and Run it.
2. Go to Control Panel -> Programs -> Turn Windows Features On/Off
3. Look for any .Net stuff and turn it off.
4. Go To Add/Remove program and try to delete the Windows.Net stuff. You need to delete one before the other. I don't remember which but it will complain if you guess wrong.
5. Go find a program called dotnetfx_cleanup tool. Download it. Extract it (don't run from inside the zip but copy those files into a directory) then run that.
5.b. doesn't hurt to run CCleaner again.
6. Go to C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net and look for the "Assembly" directory. Rename that something else.
7. Go download the "dotNetFX_Full_Setup" from Microsoft and run it.
Now 2013 works. But that was a PITA.
Here is some better and more specific info that covers a larger range of .NET problems:
After laughing an inappropriate amount of time at your humor, and feel the need to ask if you've found any other solution.
A workstation that functioned fine Friday is now unhappy, same .NET and SerialNUM Error, as you reported.
As much as I enjoy uninstalling all 20+ Microsoft Windows 7 Updates that installed this morning, I was hoping for something better.