Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alias Automotive 2014 Licensing - Blank Windows Prevent Activation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
518 Views, 2 Replies

Alias Automotive 2014 Licensing - Blank Windows Prevent Activation

I have Alias Auto 2014 for Windows 7 and am trying to activate my 36-month student licence. However, I'm having problems because of blank windows.

When I open the program, the splash image appears as normal, but then once it gets to "Evaluating Licence," this little thing appears:

Alias 2014_Issue_Blank Window 1.jpg

This window doesn't do anything at all, so I have to close it by hovering over the Autodesk logo in the task bar and clicking X that way:

Alias 2014_Issue_Blank Window 1a.jpg

After that, I get to the page where it wants me to activate the licence, so I click Activate...

Alias 2014_Issue_Trial End, So Activate.jpg

...and I'm met with this broken page with nothing but two option buttons, where according to your How To page I should get "Product Licence Activation Options" :

Alias 2014_Issue_Blank Window 2.jpg

I have reinstalled Alias, had the same problem, then separately uninstalled and installed it again to get the same issue again, so I don't know what to do. Is it a problem with the licensing application maybe? Any help would be appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Nirah.Aziz
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Michael!

Welcome to the forums!

Based on the screen shots you have provided us with, you may want to take a look at the Radio Buttons Error solution.

Hope this helps! 🙂

Best Regards,

Munirah Aziz

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Nirah.Aziz

Hello Nirah,

First of all, thanks for replying. I have tried peeling IE back to version 8 and adjusting the security settings therein, as steps 1 and 2 suggest. It happened again, so I tried doing step 3 despite not really having used Command Prompt before. When I'd navigated to the right folder and tried entering "regsvr32 jscript.dll" it gave me error code 0x80004005, which Google tells me means access denied. Given that I'm out of my depth trying to play with Command Prompt, I decided to stop there with that idea.

Instead I followed a link on the page you suggested and tried govy86's solution of adding a line to all the HTML files... but still I get a blank activation screen with just the two radio buttons, just as before.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report