Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alias Autocad won't work on new Mac's

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
anthony.osullivan
704 Views, 7 Replies

Alias Autocad won't work on new Mac's

Hi, I recently had to upgrade to a macbook pro, running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2, I downloaded a student copy and tried tp install the software, only to have a message pop up saying my system was too new. Is there an updated Alias that is compatiblre or a way around this problem? Any help would be appreciated,

Thank you 

Anthony

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi Anthony,

Please check out the Alias 2012 SP1 which includes support for Mac OS X Lion 10.7.

Alias 2012 SP1 - LINK

Message 3 of 8

Thank you for your help, I followed the link and it allowed installation, but froze just before the summary section of the process, I force a quit and tried agian, and once more it froze, I tried running the application, and the startup screen blinks up and vanishes. Any advice?

Anthony O'Sullivan

Message 4 of 8

I'm getting the same problem, the start-up screen flashes and then nothing. There seems to be a work-around with some FlexNet Publisher solution but I don't even have that installed on my computer.

Message 5 of 8

Hello All,

I am trying to install Alias Design 2012 onto a 2012 rMBP. I have currently got OS 10.7.4 installed and have 10.8 available to me.

I was informed by Apple, Nvidia and Autodesk that the software would be compatible but now I am finding that my OS is "too new". The documentation on the 2012 system requirements lists:

"Apple® Mac OS® X 10.6.2 or greater"

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15767758&linkID=12268768

I'm guessing this information is no longer valid.

Is there an update planned to make Alias Design 2012 compatible with later versions of OSX?  if so when is it likely to be?

the only solution i have to date is to run bootcamp or parallels (which I am trying to avoid), any advice on this would also be most welcome.

Many thanks in advance.

aw

Message 6 of 8
Roughrider661
in reply to: augustvs

Same here.  If anyone comes up with a fix please let me know.  Thanks in advance.

Message 7 of 8

I'm experiencing the identical issue with Alias Design when I try to install it on my MacBook Pro running OSX 10.8.4

Looking like we might be S.O.L. on this for a while.  That SP1 link doesn't even work anymore.  This is quite a drag. 😞

Message 8 of 8
philip.s
in reply to: dale.owen.cramer

Just updated the Alias 2012 SP1 link in the previous post which appears to have been broken.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report