Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Algor v22.1 reinstallation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
648 Views, 3 Replies

Algor v22.1 reinstallation

Hello!

I bought in 2009 ALGOR Professional Multiphysics version v 22.1. I had problems with Windows and had to reinstall it. I tried to reinstall the software ALGOR + License File Utility but I failed.

I tried many times to reinstall Algor, version 22.1, in both variants: first ALGOR and then FlexlmLicense File and vice versa. PC is the old, with same Disk_Serial_num and same Host_Name, and is always online. Each time, the message displayed is:

“The license service cannot be contacted. Verify that the correct computer and port have been specified during the license file setup. If this information is correct, go to Flexlm Tools subdirectory in the ALGOR installation directory on the server machine and double-click the file LMTOOLS.exe. Access the “Start/Stop/Reread” tab and press the “Start Server” butoon.

FLEXlm error code: -15,570”

I followed all the steps above and have the same error message

Very much please tell me what to do so, for already two months since the program does not work.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you have your network license manager setup and running?  -15 means it cannot connect to your license manager. If you have the network version, you should have LMTOOLS running and configured with your license file.  If you're running on the same machine as your license manager and you have Vista or Win7, it could be an IPv6 issue. 

Please double-check and respond to the board.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi, the customer sent us a reply on a separate e-mail containing the procedure she did to install Algor including the errors she received. I am unable to post the attachments as they contain personal information from the customer.

The LMTools is showing that the FLEXnet Licensing version is FLEXnet Licensing v11.5.0.0 build 56285 i86_n3.

Performing a Stop/Reread shows License Server Not Found.

Performing a Server Status Inquiry shows lmgrd is not running: License server machine is down or not responding. FLEXnet Licensing error:-96,7. System Error: 11001 "Winsock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)".

Performing a Server Diags shows This license cannot be checked out because: License server machine is down or not responding.

It seems that the server is not being detected as the remote server list is showing blank. Please advise what could be done to resolve this. Thank you and have a good day.

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: jeffrey.sin

Winsock errors are almost exclusively firewall issues. Here's what needs to be checked:

1. The hostname and MAC of the server matches the LIC file. Sometimes on virtual machines or with multiple NICs, this can be an issue.

2. Make sure LMTOOLS is configured to use services and the Ignore environment variables is checked. Also make sure both boxes are checked on the Config Services tab. Save.

3. Open Task Manager. Start the license service. Lmgrd.exe and adskflex.exe should appear. Make sure adskflex doesn't disappear.

4. Disable the firewall. If this isn't possible add ports 27000 and 2080 to the exception list as well as all four .exe files on the NLM.

5. PING the server itself from a command prompt. It needs to be a IPv4 response. If it is an IPv6 or wrong address altogether, this needs to be corrected by editing the hosts file.

6. Consider upgrading the NLM to the latest version.

7. If all else fails, delete the service, kill the .exes, and redo it from scratch. Let me know how it goes. I've never been unable to fix an NLM problem.

See my Quick Start guide here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Quick-Start-Guide-for-Configuring-LMTOOLS/m-p/3...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report