Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Akamai netsession interface failure

56 REPLIES 56
SOLVED
Message 1 of 57
bas146
39777 Views, 56 Replies

Akamai netsession interface failure

I have been trying repeatedly to install the student version of autocad 2013, and every time it starts the install stalls at "installing akamai netsession interface" and gives me a pop up box saying "network failure".

i have tried chrome, IE, and firefox. 

56 REPLIES 56
Message 2 of 57
philip.s
in reply to: bas146

Hi Brent,

Can you try downloading via an alternative method such as Browser Download or Install Now?

Please let us know if you have additional issues or accept as a solution if this resolves the problem. 

Message 3 of 57
bas146

i just now realized that i am running vista. could that be the problem?

Message 4 of 57
philip.s

Hi Brent,

That shouldn't affect the download as much as it would the actual install / usability. Per the sytem requirements, AutoCAD 2013 is not supported to run on vista. Is it necessary that run the current version, or would you be able to utilize a previous version (2012-2010 are also currently available in the Education Community)?

Message 5 of 57
bas146

i was able to install it last night using the browser download. i think it stopped the first time i did the browser DL because i must have had a hickup in my internet connection.

i am able to open it up and start using it, exactly what does "not supported" mean? how much functionality will i be able to get out of it? 

i am just learning autocad and we use 2013 in my class, is 2012 different enough that i will be confused from learning 2013 in school? 

thank you for all the help. 

Message 6 of 57
arlinpega.bibat

Hi bas146:

When we say not supported, you can try and install the software, but it's either it won't or it may not run properly.This is why we have specific requirement, in case you enconter issues, our product experts would be able to assist you.

I hope this clarifies.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 7 of 57
jasen.coon

I am having the exact same problem downloading autocad 2013 and I am using Windows 8.  The Akami netsession fails, everytime.  I have tried all methods of downloading and each has various problems and eventually fail.  The odd thing is I have previously used the install now option to download Inventor 2014 on the same computer.  Any idea what is going on??

Message 8 of 57
philip.s
in reply to: jasen.coon

Welcome to the community Jason!

Have you tried disabling your firewall, and/or turning off your antivirus software? What sort of errors are you getting with the Browser Download method?

Message 9 of 57
a01337525

every time i try to download the autodesk inventor professional it tells me that the netsession client could not start

Message 10 of 57
philip.s
in reply to: a01337525

Welcome to the community Alejandro!

Are you able to try utilizing a different download method, specifically Browser Download?

From Matt: Download and Installation -> Software Download Links -> I need to redownload my product

Message 11 of 57
beejal100
in reply to: philip.s

i am having the same problem wtih windows 8 and i tried download now and install now, but i dont think it is because of my anti-virus software as i have Norton and it would notify me if some is dangerous and automatically close the program

Message 12 of 57
crosslpark

I am having the same problem. I have windows 7 and on the "initializing" window, as soon as it says installing  Akamai netsession interface, it just stops with a little bit left to completion

Message 13 of 57
philip.s
in reply to: crosslpark

Welcome to the community Yash and Junho!

Did either of you try using the Browser Download option?

From Matt: Download and Installation -> Software Download Links -> I need to redownload my product

Message 14 of 57
alejandrogg10

Hi, I'm having the same problem, new netbook, and I'm having the network faliure in both ways, with the autodesk installer and with the direct download. Please if you can help or give me any way to solve the problem. I can't belive it's a problem of my netbook because I've bought it this morning but nothing is impossible...

I have also disabled the firewall and the antivirus.

Thankyou.

Sin título.jpg

Message 15 of 57
philip.s
in reply to: alejandrogg10

Hello!

Were you able to try utilizing the afore mentioned Browser Download option?

From Matt: Download and Installation -> Software Download Links -> I need to redownload my product

Message 16 of 57
alejandrogg10
in reply to: beejal100

This "Download and Installation -> Software Download Links -> I need to redownload my product" finally work, and now I can work again, thank you so much! 

Message 17 of 57
philip.s
in reply to: alejandrogg10

Sure thing and for future viewers, our Virtual Agent has changed. Please check out the following for instructions on how to download current + supported previous versions.

How to re-download your software

Message 18 of 57
Momo251212

Thanks for the patience, support and reply. Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 57
gaetan.collaud

Hello,

I had this problem. After trying everything said on this thread. I just uninstall the Akamai Netsession Interface (you can find it in the control panel -> uninsatall program).

After a reboot, the installation of Inventor worked.

Cheers

Gaétan

Message 20 of 57
twisdom

It doesnt give that option. where do you find the browser download option?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report