Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Akamai Netsession won't let me shutdown my windows8 laptop

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
flemmo87
858 Views, 2 Replies

Akamai Netsession won't let me shutdown my windows8 laptop

Hi there.

I'we recently got a new computer, with Windows 8. When i wanted to download 3DS Max from you guys, it obviously installed Akamai Netssion to do so.

This however has caused me to be unable to shutdown my computer.

I could not find anywhere to post this on akamai's website, so i thought you guys might wanna know.

Whenever i close the akamai netsession client(s), my system will shutdown as usual, but when it's running and i wan't to shutdown, nothing happens.

I did try to search for this, but i didn't find anyone else with this problem, and wanted to let you know. But if someone has an issue where you cannot shutdown your system, try closing Akamai netsesion client.

I'm just gonna get my software downloaded and then uninstall akamai. But it was pure luck that i tried closing akamai netsession before a shutdown.

if it's a common issue, you might wanna let Akamai know.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: flemmo87

Uninstalling it from Windows seems to cure many issues here: try it, it's not needed (I believe there is a browser only install buried on all the download pages at Autodesk to avoid it).
Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: flemmo87

shutdown /f /t 0

Run that in an administrator launched command prompt, or create a batch file and run it.  That should shut you down no matter what.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report