Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Akamai Client Installer "Disk I/O Faliure:"

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
4397 Views, 15 Replies

Akamai Client Installer "Disk I/O Faliure:"

Whenever I try to use the Akamai installer I get a message saying: Disk I/O Failure. Failed in writing contents file /Applications/Akamai/client.ini to disk. Help?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried using the alternate download method?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous

I'm finding the same problem, is this a common error????? It also give a *.dll writing error

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous

Same problem here can not being able to find any troubleshooting tip to resolve it

Message 5 of 16
asburyj

As a workaround Lets try to use our virtual agent as follows:

Go to http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...

Select the 2nd Choice "Download Links "

Select your product

You are now presented with the choice to download your software. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 6 of 16
wsims
in reply to: asburyj

This worked for me! Thank you!
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous

asburyj, I am experiencing the exact same issues everyone else is on this thread. "I/O Disk failure, or Akamai netsession wont load" I am lost as to what is wrong. I attempted to select the link you offered but no luck. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Kyle

Message 8 of 16
asburyj

what product are you trying to download? Was the link not on the virtual agent site?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous

I am currently attempting to install Autodesk Inventor Professional 2017, however I have experienced this very same issue with AutoCAD as well and different years. and unfortunately the link doesnt seem to work, unless I dont understand it properly. It did open a new tab with a virtual agent window but the only options were "search" and Ask question" I believe. I am now attempting a Browser download to see if I can get any better results but so far its not working.

Message 10 of 16
asburyj

I just tested the Inventor Pro 2017 download links and they are working for me. I wonder is perhaps you have some browser security settings or something like that blocking the downloads? Regardless if you are getting the browser download working those are the same files you would get from the direct download links. Just make sure your browser download is kicking off all the files in the download I believe inventor pro 2017 has 3 files. If it's not download all 3 there may be a popup blocker or something stopping all the downloads from starting.

Jeffry Asbury
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous

Alright, well I am currently using Mozilla Firefox so I will have to check my security settings. The browser download just finished downloading now Im going to attempt to install. I'll keep you posted.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous

Alright, So I attempted to select the file and a small screen appeared called "Autodesk Self Extract" and it asked me where to extract the file location, with which it was automatically filled with "C:\Autodesk\  ; so I clicked ok and an error message appears stating "Product download consists of multiple files, At least one file is missing or has not been downloaded yet." This is the second time I have attempted to Browser download. What are your thoughts?

Message 13 of 16
weknow68

Did you ever get it to work? I'm having the same problem with ReCap 360 Pro trial.

Message 14 of 16
rdo7885

Bump

Message 15 of 16
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: rdo7885

@rdo7885

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

There's a couple of ways to properly download and install your Autodesk product to your machine.  Please review this article and the solution it provides.

If the installation does fail using the preferred methods, please post your installation log file here so we can review it.

Posting info: Sometimes the installation log file contains the serial # that was assigned to you.  Open your log file using Windows Notepad and perform a search on "/SN".  Depending on the number of installation attempts, your serial # may be located throughout the log file.  If present, remove or "X" out your serial # prior to posting.

Good luck on your installation and report back on your progress.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 16 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: weknow68

Hi! I solved this problem going to control panel > uninstall programs and search for FARO scanner production and uninstall it.
When I try to install Autocad again, it works.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report