Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After The Download of 3dsMax

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
gdunkleii
564 Views, 6 Replies

After The Download of 3dsMax

Ive tried downloading Autodesk 3dsMax 2010, 2011, and 2012 and get the same result:

After the download, it gives me the huge file a really long name (Random letters & Numbers) with no real extension and asks how I want to open it.

I know for certain that my laptop can handle the program, I just need some ideas on how to get it finished installing!

Thanks for any help

Greg

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
gdunkleii
in reply to: gdunkleii

Here's a quick screen shot of what it does after download..  if that helps anyone..

Message 3 of 7
avto

Hi Greg,

Just for security reasons, I removed one of your screenshot as it had your personal info and the product Serial number.

I would suggest downloading the product again, but at this time save it to a folder on your hard drive (e.g. C:\3dsmax).  Then go to the folder and run executable.

Regards,

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 7
gdunkleii

I appreciate the suggestion, but before it downloads it doesn't give an option of where to save and there IS no executable file. (I assume you LOOKED at the other picture first).
Message 5 of 7
avto

Interesting, I just tested this out and was able to successfully download the 3ds Max 2012 installer, Autodesk_3ds_Max_2012_English_Win_32-64bit.exe, which is about 3.25G.

After you are logged in into Autodesk Education Community:

1.Click on Download.

2.Click on Save (instead of Run).

3.’Save AS’ dialog box opens and will give you an option where to save the installer.

4.The installer file name is Autodesk_3ds_Max_2012_English_Win_32-64bit.exe.

If you happen to have your ftp site, let me know the logon info and I’ll upload the installer there for you.

Regards,

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 7
gdunkleii

Ok so after reading that, I found one of the attempted downloads in my cache, changed it to an exe and it worked like a charm. Wonder why it didn't save as one, but at least it works now. Thanks.
Message 7 of 7
avto

Perhaps instead of ‘Save’ you clicked on ‘Run’ and it went to the cache.

I'm glad to hear that you got it work.

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report