Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional installation for mandatory user

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
225 Views, 2 Replies

Additional installation for mandatory user

Hello! In our classroom we are using mandatory profile for AutoCAD 2004 user on Win XP SP1 with network license server and profile configuration on Win 2000 server, but there is problem with it. Every time user logs on and starts AutoCAD, installer starts and takes a few minutes for additional installation before AutoCAD starts. If user closes AutoCAD and starts it again, it starts without installer, but if user log off and on, installer starts. I tried to change user type to local and give him local administrator rights. Then I logged on user, started AutoCAD and logged off several time, and it worked well. So I copied user data to mandatory profile path on server and changed type to mandatory. Unfortunately, after logging on and starting AutoCAD, installer starts again. Is there anything I can do to avoid starting installer in every new user session? Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Gerrit
in reply to: Anonymous

we made a regfile for this which put the information hardly in the register.

we also got a error when starting acad after the install with a different user.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R16.0\ACAD-201:409]
@=""
"LocalRootFolder"="C:\\temp"
"RoamableRootFolder"="C:\\temp"
"LastOSRun"=dword:00000005
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

"Gerrit" wrote in message news:27634382.1080303485322.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > we made a regfile for this which put the information hardly in the register. > > we also got a error when starting acad after the install with a different user. Thanks for a hint Gerrit! Here is what I done for our mandatory user "Cad": Promoted user Cad to local admin group. Logon as Cad. Created and registered regfile with content: -- [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R16.0\ACAD-223:409] "LocalRootFolder"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\Cad\\Application Data\\Autodesk\\Mechanical Desktop 2004 DX\\R16.0\\enu\\" "RoamableRootFolder"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\Cad\\Application Data\\Autodesk\\Mechanical Desktop 2004 DX\\R16.0\\enu\\" @="" "LastOSRun"=dword:00000005 -- Notice that I removed "Local Settings" in LocalRootFolder. Started AutoCAD to finish additional installation and copied data from folder "C:\\Documents and Settings\\Cad\\Local Settings\Application Data\\Autodesk" to folder "Application Data" on mandatory profile folder on server (\\server\sysvol\domain\policies\cad\"). Removed path for mandatory profile on server thus temporary moving Cad to local profile. Logoff Cad user locally to save changes in profile. Logon locally as admin and copied profile to server folder. Returned back path for mandatory profile on server thus returning Cad back to mandatory profile. Removed Cad from local admin group. Logon as Cad... And it works now without error or waiting on additional installation. Huh, it took me one hour to put it all together. May be it could be done easier...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report