Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new Suite lost my Vanilla AutoCADs

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
LyleHardin
763 Views, 15 Replies

Adding new Suite lost my Vanilla AutoCADs

I originally posted this in the CAD Managers section because I couldn't find this licensing forum. I am reposting it here now that I found it thanks to another user on the CAD Manager's forum.

We just upgraded our Revit Structure Suite to a Building Design Suite. When I put the license data into our license file, it effectively removed all my plain AutoCAD licenses. I got a lot of phone calls over then next couple hours.... Anyway, I've looked and looked and I'm wondering if I need to update our FlexLM on the server. I can't find any information on it.

Is the new cascading causing this?  Or, is something just wrong with the license file?

I've run it through the license parser at : 

http://www.licenseparser.com/

and it reported this:

Warnings and Errors
Warning: The number of increments in the file is not consistent with the number of increments reported.

But I don't know what to do with this information.  I have 11 AutoCADs and 2 Building design suites. I get my 2 building design suites, but my 11 AutoCADs show as available, but 0 used. Users cannot access their AutoCADs.

Thanks,

Lyle

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
DarrenP
in reply to: LyleHardin

might be something wrong with the license file

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 16
TravisNave

What error do the clients receive now?  Provide any error number. 

Also post your status enquiry from LMTOOLS if you can.  And your debug.log file. 

----------------------

Continuation from here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/CAD-Managers/Adding-new-Suite-lost-my-ACAD-licenses/td-p/3037590

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 16
LyleHardin
in reply to: TravisNave

Well, I remade the license file and all is well now.

The first time I copy/pasted from the registration web site.

This time I copy/pasted from the registration email.

It's working now, apparently.

Thanks to all. Sorry I didn't try that sooner.

Message 5 of 16
DarrenP

at least it was something simple

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 16
LyleHardin
in reply to: DarrenP

'fraid not... I spoke too soon.

About 20 minutes ago, I was getting phone calls from people who were getting kicked out of AutoCAD.

Looking at LMTOOLS, I see that those who could get back in had gotten the cascading licenses from our new Design Suites. They are running AutoCAD 2011. The AutoCAD Package shows 11 available, 1 used (me, on ACAD 2012).

Myself and another guy have AutoCAD 2012 and we CAN get the AutoCAD licneses, but only with 2012. We cannot get a license for ACAD 2011. This does not seem to be affecting the Civil 3D or the Architectural people. So, I'm still having my problem, it just seems to take an hour or so before it rears it's ugly head.

I'm attaching my log file and Status Enquiry as suggested.

I do have a ticket opened with Autodesk and with my reseller, but I find I usually get quicker responses from these forums....

Lyle.

Message 7 of 16
DarrenP

it looks like your using flex 11.5 which is an older version of it

you should be on 11.9

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 8 of 16
TravisNave

Agreed.

Also, it looks like you do have some license file superseding other ones.  Additionally, cascading for 2012 products for AutoCAD works differently.  My guess is that your Revit Suite 2012 Subscription file is is also superseding the AutoCAD seats thus you have less seats that you expect.

16:31:00 (adskflex) FLEXnet Licensing version v11.5.0.0 build 56285 i86_n3

16:31:00 (adskflex) Feature 85536ACD_2011_0F superseded by 85536ACD_2011_0F

16:27:50 (adskflex) UNSUPPORTED: "85594REVSU_2011_0F"

16:33:30 (adskflex) DENIED: "85536ACD_2011_0F" (Licensed number of users already reached. (-4,342))

16:36:41 (adskflex) Checkin failed feature "85536ACD_2011_0F"

You probably need some serious redo on that .LIC file.  Did the parser show any more errors?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 9 of 16
TravisNave
in reply to: TravisNave

See my post here for the latest NLM version 11.9.1:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Autodesk-Network-License-Manager-2012/m-p/29627...

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 16
LyleHardin

Thanks to all.

I remember seeing the 2012 License Manager post, but I couldn't find it the past couple of days while all this was happening.

I searched the forums and knowlege base and couldn't find it.... go figure.

Tomorrow I will install a new License Manager and rebuild the license file from scratch from all the recent registration emails.

The one I'm using now has been tacked onto for years... 'bout time to redo it, I reckon.

Thanks again.

Lyle

Message 11 of 16
DarrenP

i am surprised you didn't have any issues till now with flex lm

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 12 of 16
LyleHardin

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

We only started having trouble after I put in the licenses for the Design Suites.

The regular AutoCAD and Civil 3D 2012 licenses have been working fine.

Now I just need to make the time to make the switch so I bother as few operators as possible.

Message 13 of 16
LyleHardin

Okay, update.

New License manager... version V11.9.0.0.

Rebuilt license file from scratch, from the *.lic files sent from Autodesk.

Restarted Server, License manager, and it's reading the new license file.

When my users fire up AutoCAD 2011, it pulls licenses from the Design Suites first.

I currently have 5 people using plain AutoCAD 2011 and its using up my 3 Product Design Suites and my 2 Building Design Suites. Trying to fire up other AutoCADs results in no licenses available, even though the license manager is showing 11 available AutoCAD licenses.

Grrr.

The License File Parser at http://www.licenseparser.com/cgi-bin/parse.cgi

tells me

"

Increment Information
There are no increments in this license file. An Increment represents one product, for example AutoCAD 2010 or AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009.
"

So... what does that really tell me?
Still no word from Autodesk or my reseller. It's been 24 hrs.

Lyle.
Message 14 of 16
ZachGraff

The parser tells you more than that right? Does it show anything below the message you quoted? If so, do the different features show the same issue dates?

Message 15 of 16
LyleHardin
in reply to: ZachGraff

I requested Autodesk build me a new file and they did in a timely fashion. But, it still wasn't quite right.

I think I still had to move the plain AutoCADs to the top, then the Civil 3Ds, and the Design Suites after that, then individual licenses (Electrical, Raster, etc.) at the end.

It's working okay now.

Message 16 of 16
LyleHardin
in reply to: ZachGraff

Sorry, I didn't really answer your question... I don't recall what the parser turned up, and I don't really have time now to re-investigate it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report