Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding (custom) additional files to Inventor 2015 Deployment

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
kc
Participant
902 Views, 3 Replies

Adding (custom) additional files to Inventor 2015 Deployment

Hi ,

I'm trying to create a new deployment image using Autodesk Design Academy 2015 and I've come unstuck, when I want to include additional files in the deployment for Inventor. In the screen shot below this is the message I get when I try to add a drive or folder. I'll attach the screenshot as sometimes I know they don't get embeded in the post.

Inventor 2015 adding additional files.JPG

In prior versions 2013 and below I have been able to do this, see next screen shot, but since 2014 I haven't been able to add the pathways.

I'm sure the answer is simple and I'm just missing a step, but for the life of me I keep getting that error box.

Any help would be much apperciated in solving this bug bear.

Config for Inventor Template.JPG

Regards

Kent

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jchoffman
in reply to: kc

Kent,

Did you ever get an answer?? I'm trying to create a deployment for AutoCAD Design Suite Standard 2014.. and get the same problem.. but with Product Design Suite 2013 it worked fine.. I'm deploying to almost 200 users and want this to work properly.. I hope you got some good news...

Message 3 of 4
kc
Participant
in reply to: jchoffman

Hi jchoffman,

Yes I did get the answer to the problem, I ended up logging a support case and Alvin from the support team was very helpful and supportive in identifying the cause by reproducing the error in his own enviroment and then escalating it to a high level. The answer is so simple when you see it you'll laugh.

This is actually a defect on the coding of the setup file. For the workaround, please perform below suggestion, you may have copy the content of your media onto a HDD as you'll find the setup.ini is write protected :

1. Create a backup for the setup.ini file.

( How ? You may copy the original setup.ini file and paste it to the same location and name it setupbackup.ini )

2. Once the Setupbackup.ini is created, open the setup.ini and look for :

#================Global MSI Properties=================#

[GLOBAL_MSI_PROPERTIES]

3. Modify this value to look as below :  

#================Global MSI Properties=================#

PATH_LENGTH=182

[GLOBAL_MSI_PROPERTIES]

4. Save the setup.ini file and created the deployment again and it should allow you to choose a path in inventor setup.

I hope this solves your problem.

Regards

Kent

Message 4 of 4
jchoffman
in reply to: kc

Kent,

Thanks so much, it did solve my problem...  Such a simple thing.. and Autodesk has left this broken for 2 releases.. quite sad actually..  Well my deployment is being created as I type this..  Thanks again,

Jason

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report