Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding MDT6 to our 6 network ACADs

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
166 Views, 5 Replies

Adding MDT6 to our 6 network ACADs

We have 6 ACAD2002's up and running fine with the FlexLM.
We also have MDT6 and MAP4. In the past I would call Autodesk and give them the serial numbers for all the products and get a string of numbers to enter into the old ADLM giving us a total of 8 licenses. Now when I register the 6 networked AutoCADs online, I am given the data for FlexLM license file. When I register Map and MDT, I just get stand alone Auth Codes.
How do I get the other two licenses (MDT and MAP) added to FlexLM?
Lyle.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Lyle -
Just making sure I understand the problem:
In the past you would receive 6 vanilla autocad licenses + 2 vanilla autocad licenses (1
each for MDT and MAP) as well as a vertical MAP and a vertical MDT. Correct??? The
problem now is that you have effectively lost 2 vanilla autocad licenses? If that is the
problem, then yes it is a problem. Autodesk has changed the licensing "format" so that
each vanilla product gets a vanilla license and each vertical gets ONLY a vertical license
(this didn't change w/ 2k2 btw, I think it actually changed with 2000i, or around there
somewhere). So basically it's not as versatile. Sorry???

If that's not the problem please post back.

jason martin
frankfurt-short-bruza

"hardin" wrote in message news:f0790ac.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> We have 6 ACAD2002's up and running fine with the FlexLM.
> We also have MDT6 and MAP4. In the past I would call Autodesk and give them the serial
numbers for all the products and get a string of numbers to enter into the old ADLM giving
us a total of 8 licenses. Now when I register the 6 networked AutoCADs online, I am given
the data for FlexLM license file. When I register Map and MDT, I just get stand alone Auth
Codes.
> How do I get the other two licenses (MDT and MAP) added to FlexLM?
> Lyle.
>
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Yes, that is correct. We could actually use 8 vanilla AutoCADs if no one was using MDT or MAP. So, you say they have changed that now, eh? So, my alternative is to give MDT (locally) to the user that may use it the most. Same with MAP. That is not the ideal situation. Until now we could run any three apps from any computer. Have they taken that away from me? The Horror, the horror.
Lyle.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Lyle -
You can still run any 3 apps from any machine. Just do network deploys of all of them
(you'll probably need to contact adesk and have them give you network licenses for the
single seats). The drawback from the 2000 era is that you will only be able to run 6
vanilla's concurrently, but you can still run MDT and MAP as you are running your 6
vanilla seats.
This change has made a lot of people unhappy, but I've not heard any rumors of it
changing.

jason martin
frankfurt-short-bruza

"hardin" wrote in message news:f0790ac.1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Yes, that is correct. We could actually use 8 vanilla AutoCADs if no one was using MDT
or MAP. So, you say they have changed that now, eh? So, my alternative is to give MDT
(locally) to the user that may use it the most. Same with MAP. That is not the ideal
situation. Until now we could run any three apps from any computer. Have they taken that
away from me? The Horror, the horror.
> Lyle.
>
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Great, this makes me unhappy too.
Just more customization and explanations to users now.
Job security! (Unhappy supervisors)
I combined my MAP license with the 6 Vanilla licenses. At one point I saw (in the FlexLM) that I had 6 acads and 1 map. For some reason, I now only see the 6 acads. I do need to transfer my MDT license to a network license. I'm now reading the posts for the SAMlite software.
Jason, you seem to be a frequent name in a lot of these posts. Are you with AutoDesk or just have the experience?
Lyle.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I usually put all but the "laptop" people on network licenses. If you're not seeing you
map license then there's probably a problem with your license file. In the lmtools.exe
you get to specify a log location. Open the log with notepad and see what it says when it
was trying to start up.

No, I'm not with Autodesk. I work for an arch/eng firm in Oklahoma. Most of the stuff I
know about Autocad and networking is simply "try it and see". I've gotten in trouble with
that a few times, but trying to get out of it usually teaches you a lot. I also read
virtually all posts to this newsgroup and I've had a chance to discuss some networking
items with the Autodesk network support people.

jason

"hardin" wrote in message news:f0790ac.3@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Great, this makes me unhappy too.
> Just more customization and explanations to users now.
> Job security! (Unhappy supervisors)
> I combined my MAP license with the 6 Vanilla licenses. At one point I saw (in the
FlexLM) that I had 6 acads and 1 map. For some reason, I now only see the 6 acads. I do
need to transfer my MDT license to a network license. I'm now reading the posts for the
SAMlite software.
> Jason, you seem to be a frequent name in a lot of these posts. Are you with AutoDesk or
just have the experience?
> Lyle.
>

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report