Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Autocad Mechanical to Product Design Suite Premium 2014

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mikeh4
755 Views, 5 Replies

Add Autocad Mechanical to Product Design Suite Premium 2014

I have a deployment installed on many PCs and w/ that, installed Acad Electrical which is fine.  I also need to get ACAD mechanical to those machines and want to do it by adding it to the original deployments.  How do I add ACAD Mechanical to the deployment as no where does it give me the ACAD Mechanical option in the Modify Deployment set of dialog boxes.  See the attachement.

I thinking about copying the ACADM folder to the image location for the deployment, and with in the deployment try adding it to the INCLUDE OTHER SOFTWARE option, but it doesn't make sense that I would need to do that since it's included in the suite.

Or do I make a deployment just for ACAD mech?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
asburyj
in reply to: mikeh4

When modifying an existing deployment you can chance configuration and remove software but you can't add software that wasn't selected when the deployment was origionally created. What you will need to do in this case is recreate the deployment from scratch if you want both installs on one deployment. Alternitively you could just create a second deployment with AutoCAD Mechanical only.

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 6
mikeh4
in reply to: asburyj

Thanks Jeffrey - That was my assumption.  Can we make that a wish, to be able to add to a Deployment.

In regargs to creating an ACADM deployment, most of the machines will have ACAD E on them, will it mess with those installs at all, thinking in terms of menus and profiles.

Thanks much!

Message 4 of 6
asburyj

I don't think this is ever going to happen. To be able to add software post deployment uysing modify the deployment would need to copy in all the software regardless of if it was selected or not when the deployment is created. This is going to upset people who are concerned about the size of thier deployments residing on the server and it will also increase the time required for all deployment creations of suites.  

Jeffry Asbury
Message 5 of 6
mikeh4
in reply to: asburyj

I always thought it was odd to download the software, then create a deployment that duplicates a select amount of software in another location and as your create another deployment it creates another copy of the software.....

Why not download it where the deployment resides and the deployments reference that data instead duplicating over and over which kills server capacity.  Same with the S/N licenses when we have a blend of Suite Std, Suite Prem, and Suite Ultimate - for the most part they all copy the same data repeatedly and the only difference is the S/N in the deployment, but the each have there own download and own copy of the software for the deployments.

Obviously I'm not a programmer and am on the outside looking, but seems a bit contradictory on saving space and perhaps there's other caviots that require it be that way.

Thanks Jeffrey

Message 6 of 6
david.lau

There is a tiny little check box that you need to check on when creating a deployment to always include ALL the software.  It is noted here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/07/design-review-2012-deployment.html

This is a cool post too...

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/09/quick-start-suite-deployment-tips.html

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report