Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13
trish.graphic
1708 Views, 12 Replies

Actvation

Hey,
I have bought the Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite for Education 2012, Student Version, as I am studying animation at university.  Since I bought it a little over a month ago, and installed it, it has said that it is giving me a 30 day trial, once this ended it has stopped working.  How am I meant to activate this product when I have entered in the serial number and product key yet it comes up with an error message.  It states: "License was not obtained Tried Maya 2012 (657D1 2012.0.0.F), error 19" "License Method: environment variable MAYA_LICENSE_METHOD='

standalone'" "Product Choice: environment variable MAYA_LICENSE='unlimited'" "License File Override: environment variable MAYA_ALT_EN is not set"  Can I please get assistance with activating this product as I need it for university assignments.
Thank you, Trish Gercovitch
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
philip.s
in reply to: trish.graphic

Hi Trish,

There is a know issue right now with some of the 2012 trial versions that doesn't allow the license to be activated once the 30 day access limit has lapsed.

Please try uninstalling / reinstalling the software on your computer in order to bring up the activation prompt that will accept your serial number and product key.

Message 3 of 13

I tried this and was unable to uninstall everything, is there something else I need to download from the net to fully uninstall it from my computer first? Because I uninstalled all that I could and then reinstalled it but it didn't work.  Any extra help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Message 4 of 13

Hi Trish,

Our apologies for the error encountered.

To completely uninstall Autodesk Products please refer to this link: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617.

Please PM me your Serial Number so we can look into it and manually activate the License if needed.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 5 of 13
jiyama
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Hi. Is there a page which shows how to uninstall on a mac?

Also, which email address should I contact to pm you?

Message 6 of 13

Last year I got Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD Mechanical through a 3 year educational license. A few days ago it said I needed to reactivate. When I try to requect an activation code, all I get is this:

"Reactivation Limit Reached
You have exceeded the number of times you can receive an activation code to reactivate your product on this computer. 

If you are experiencing a technical problem that requires you to reactivate your product, please contact your support provider.

(Error: 11)" 

HELP!! I got 7 days left!! ...or so it says

Message 7 of 13
philip.s
in reply to: bconover93

Hi Benjamin,

The AutoCAD Inventor Professional Suite 2011 serial number associated with your account is set to expire 11/23/2011, and must have been generated before the license policy was extended to 3 yrs.

I've attached the following link that will guide you through the process of extending your license.

http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=3yearlicense_faq#10

Please let me know if you have any other questions or inquiries.

Message 8 of 13
philip.s
in reply to: jiyama

Jiyama,

I haven't been able to find an instructional page detailing the clean uninstall process for a Mac OS, but am working internally to see if such a procedure exists (or can exist for that matter). I'll keep you posted as I find out more.

Message 9 of 13
bconover93
in reply to: philip.s

Hi Philip Schmelzer,

When I go to get a new serial, it just shows the same serial I'm using now.

-Benjamin Conover

Message 10 of 13
philip.s
in reply to: bconover93

Hi Benjamin,

I found out that there is an issue with the system generating a new serial number if the current license has already been activated. Typically you would need to fill out the Student Problem Form and the Education Team would issue you another serial number, however I've already gone ahead and done so for you. Please expect a PM with your new license info shortly.

Message 11 of 13
philip.s

Hello Jimaya,

The clean uninstall process for Mac based software (located on the bottom portion of the page) can be found via the following link.

Uninstalling all Autodesk applications from the Mac - LINK

The standard process for AutoCAD for Mac, is to use the  "uninstaller" program located in the Autodesk folder, and AutoCAD LT for Mac simply needs to be dragged to the recycle bin per Apple Guidelines from the Mac Appstore.

Message 12 of 13
jiyama
in reply to: philip.s

I tried to uninstall/reinstall my product (Student Maya2012) and it didn't work. The activation window keeps popping up, and the button saying run is disabled. I tried the "connect to Autodesk" activation method, and I got this:

Reactivation Limit Reached
You have exceeded the number of times you can receive an activation code to reactivate your product on this computer. 

If you are experiencing a technical problem that requires you to reactivate your product, please contact your support provider.

(Error: 11)

I tried the "I have a code from Autodesk" option and I got:

Registration-Activation Error (0015.111)

Then I tried to just close the window, and I got an error which I took a picture of(the picture is attached).

I contacted support and they told me that these errors were saying that I had already activated it, but it still asks for the activation. They told me this was the forum to come to. PLEASE HELP! I have a project with this due in 4 days, so please respond ASAP. Thank you

-Jason Iyama (JIyama)

Message 13 of 13
arlinpega.bibat

Hi Jimaya:

I didn't see any serial number associated to your email address in our record. Please send me your serial number through private message so I may manually activate it.

Thank you.

Arlin Bibat

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report