Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation wizard doesn't launch - AutoCad 2013 student version

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
A.DT
490 Views, 1 Reply

Activation wizard doesn't launch - AutoCad 2013 student version

Hi , i downloaded a few days ago autocad 2013 student version , autodesk gave me a serial number and an activation key for that program. Today i had to work with it , first time i opened it, and it doesn't ask me for any activation/serial number key. I can open the program , but an error appears saying " the drawing file being opened was not created by a product from an autodesk education suite" I have checked that the antivirus gives free permissions to all autodesk products , i am administrator ... also i erased the file "adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data_backup" , as i saw an admin here telling another guy to do that to force the program to run the activation wizard , but it was for activation revit not autocad , and i dont have any folder called "FLEXnet" ---- C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data.?backup ---- these are the programs wich was telling him to erase. i just found "adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data_backup" just writting him on the search box , but still any activation wizard. Please help me i should have been working with it long time ago. i am x64 just in case.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
asburyj
in reply to: A.DT

the tsf data file your looking for is a hidden system file so you will need to First enable view of hidden files if you have not already(http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/show-hidden-files). Navigate to the below directory

XP:  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet

Windows 7/8: C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet 

Find a file with a name similar to this: adskflex_00691b00_tsf the important thing is that it begins with the adskflex. Delete that file. 

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report