Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation code after re-install ...

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dcooper
1628 Views, 2 Replies

Activation code after re-install ...

My AutoCAD 2008 worked fine for months since having this year Windows 7 machine. Then today it could not get by the splash screen.

I am going to uninstall the AutoCAD and then re-install it again. That is the only thing I can do, right?

Then when I re-install it, do I go through the same procedure to get activation code that I went through when I first installed the softare? Obviously I cannot use the activation code of the AutoCAD that is refusing to start, right?

Thanks ...

Dave Cooper

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
philip.s
in reply to: dcooper

Hi dcooper,

As AutoCAD 2008 isn't supported to run in Windows 7, I'm not sure what would have caused this issue.

With that being said, and assuming you will be reinstalling, you're correct in that the previous activation code would not work again as it's based off of the product request code that is unique to each machine / activation attempt.

To receive a new activation code, please contact our Registration and Activation team and provide your serial number and product request code.

Message 3 of 3
dcooper
in reply to: philip.s

Philip.s ...

Thanks for that expeditious confirmation ... much appreciated.

I will uninstall what is there now, re-install and then submit the serial number and the product request code to the Registration and Activation team for a new activation code.

Regards ...

Dave Cooper

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report