Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation - Script Error - Picture Included

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Charles22
2509 Views, 3 Replies

Activation - Script Error - Picture Included

I have re-installed my AutoCad LT 2002 on my Vista laptop. Initially it worked fine, but now I get the script error shown in the attached file every time I run the software.  Could  somebody help?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Charles22

You can probably ignore it.  Autodesk 2002 products were never meant to run on Windows Vista.  Just be lucky you got it working.  The .js script error is most likely to do with some sort of IE connection that is no longer valid or supported.  You might be able to avoid it by turning off script debugging, or disabling any other web connectivity within the software. 2002 is so old, I honestly can't recall what it does on launch.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
Charles22
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for your reply.  The problem is that Autocad stops working when I get the script error.  Only the first and perhaps the second time I used Autocad after re-installing it, it worked fine.  Is it possible to remove all the IE connectivity (like LT today) during the installation process?  This would probably solve the problem.

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Charles22

I agree.  You could probably firewall block it.  That might keep it from trying to connect. 

Go under Tools > Options > System and select the "Do not show a Startup dialog" option.  That should prevent that from popping up on launch altogether.  At least, it worked on later versions. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report