Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
airbalancing
1076 Views, 5 Replies

Activation Issue

I am trying to install AutoCAD LT 2009 on my new work computer that is running Windows 7 and I keep getting the following:

script error

Line: 82

Char: 7

Error: 'reqtype' is undefined

Code: 0

URL: file://C:/Program%20Files/AutoCAD%20LT%202009/WebDepot/RTBeginReg.html?p=C:%5CUsers%5CAAB

When I select the option to continue running sripts the error line changes to several different messages. It will go from 'reqtype' to 'product' is undefined to 'rtcodepage' is undefined, etc.

I searched through this forum and verified that I have the most recent version of internet explorer. I cleared out the TEMP folder several times, adjusted the IE security settings to allow scripts and java, and ran windows in safe mode. None of these "solutions" resolved the problem and I still cannot activate my product.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
david.lau
in reply to: airbalancing
Message 3 of 6
airbalancing
in reply to: david.lau

I do have IE 10. I followed the steps of uninstalling/reinstalling IE 10 per the link you attached and still am getting the error code which is blocking me from activating CAD LT 2009.

Message 4 of 6
airbalancing

I also uninstalled IE 10, restarted the computer and tried activating the program and got the script error message again.

Message 5 of 6
aaronhai

Hi airbalancing,

After removing IE10, do you get IE9? If so, please try activate with IE9.

I hope that works for you.

Thank you.

Aaron Hai
Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

Keep in mind that Autodesk 2009 products are not supported in Windows 7, largely because of activation issues.  You should consider running 2010 or later, if you have access to those versions. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report