Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating Inventor 2011 Issue

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
m.granata
2090 Views, 2 Replies

Activating Inventor 2011 Issue

Hello:

I try to be clear and brief with this issue.  I am a self employed California licensed Mechanical Engineer.  My Inventor 2011 has a stand-alone license and here is the activation issue I am having.

1)  Shortly after the initial installation and activation of Inventor 2011 on my office computer I had to replace the hard drive with a faster U320 SCSI drive.  Inventor 2011 was painfully slow.

2)  I reinstalled Inventor 2011 on the new drive and it activated a second time with no issues.

3)  A couple of months later I got a new computer.  Even with the new U320 SCSI drive Inventor 2011 was slow.  To activate it on the new computer I had to use the license transfer utility, which worked without any issues.  It would not activate through Autodesk's website a third time.  I only need one office computer with CAD software so I had no reservations removing Inventor from the old computer.

4)  Now I want to install Inventor 2011 on my laptop as well so I can work when not in my office.  Since Inventor 2011 originally activated twice with no issues can this be done?  If so, how?  I don't want to have to use the license transfer utility every time I need to use Inventor 2011.  From what I have read this should not be an issue with a stand-alone license.

Any information is greatly appreciated.  As of now I can only use Inventor 2011 in the 30 day trial mode on my laptop.  After the first two activations I now get an error message during activation stating I have exceeded the number of seats I am licensed for.

Thank you,

Mike Granata

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: m.granata

Your situation is understandable.  For this case, you need to call Autodesk to get an activation code.  1-800-551-1490.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
m.granata
in reply to: TravisNave

Travis:

I used the number you provided and phoned Autodesk.  They provided a new activation code that worked without any issues.

Thank you,

Mike Granata 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report