Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing license file on a server from a client pc

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dthompson1
354 Views, 1 Reply

Accessing license file on a server from a client pc

I have the Network License Manager installed on a physical IBM x346 server.  Registration and Licensing created a license file, which I stored in a shared folder on that server.  Now, when I start Autodesk and it asks for the location of the license file, I can drill down thru Windows explorer and fine the shared folder.  But then I get a Licensing Error with a code of -15.570.10035 - saying that a valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager.  The instructions that came with the license file said that the file could be named anything with the extension of .lic, and that it was to be saved on the server where the network license manager was installed.   AM I MISSING SOMETHING???

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: dthompson1

Yes, you do not specify the license file to obtain a license.  You need to configure the server to run the Autodesk Network License Manager (LMTOOLS) as a service.  Once the service is configured and the license server is started, you can point the Autodesk application to the License Server System by providing the hostname of the server.  There should be documentation on your installation source concerning the license manager. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report