Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acad2007 Network License problem

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
dexterv
700 Views, 10 Replies

Acad2007 Network License problem

Hi,

After I successfully start the server in lmtools, the manager displays "ReRead server failed" when the ReRead License file button is activated. I tried to stop the server with "Force Server Shutdown" with no success.

When I perform a Status Enquiry, I get :

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
License server status: @serverw
License file(s) on serverw: C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\License\ACD2007enlicense.lic:

"lmgrd is not running: Cannot connect to license server system.
The license server manager (lmgrd) has not been started yet,
the wrong port@host or license file is being used, or the
port or hostname in the license file has been changed.
Server name: serverw
License path: @serverw
FLEXnet Licensing error:-15,570"

Server Diags displays :
--------
Diagnostics
--------
FLEXlm diagnostics on Tue 7/24/2007 15:39

-----------------------------------------------------
License file: C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\License\ACD2007enlicense.lic
-----------------------------------------------------

Licensing staff tell me they are convinced that the content of the lic file is ok.

Any ideas ?
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
ftcc-drafting
in reply to: dexterv

dexterv,
I am trying to install the design institute on a network server and getting the same message. I went to www.macrovision.com as it said and found that error code -15570. It says the issue is windows xp sp2 platforms have a limit on the number of tcp/ip connection attempts per second that can be made and of course it says refer to the manufacturers documentation on how to change this limit. ( I am sure you can find it on microsoft.com). However I know this isn't my issue. I am running it on a windows 2003 server.
Message 3 of 11
dexterv

Thanks ftcc-drafting,

I am running it also on a Win2003 server SP2.
Message 4 of 11
TravisNave

Make sure that the path to the debug log file is set and that there is suffient write access to that location. Is it making a log file?

Also, make sure that the license file matches the hostname and MAC address of the System Settings tab.

It sounds like the service just isn't starting.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 11
ftcc-drafting

Ok we have technical support cause we are an institution or whatever. Anywho after 20 different numbers that were given to me and transferred over and over. I got there. A debug.log file had to be created first. The instructions says it will create its own. It won't. Just create a text document and then rename it to debug.log. Make sure you place it in the same directory as lmgrd etc. (should be C:\\Program file\network license manager\license) Also on the lmtools utility, make sure that the LMTOOLS ignore license..... is checked off. I had tried both things yesterday but never simultaneously. Worked like a charm and I am now running the deployment wizard. Oh yeah and click start server on the start/stop/reread tab. then click reread license file. And this time instead of getting reread failed you should get something else. Then perform the status inquiry
Message 6 of 11
TravisNave

Yeah I figured it was that pesky debug file.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 11
dexterv

Thanks for your answers.

I tried over and over to apply what worked for you fcc-drafting with multiple variations. No success. I contacted our reseller's tech support who hinted me about the content of the lic file.

The lic file I was sent was for the 2008 version, eventhough I explicitly said over the phone that I was installing the Autocad 2007 version. Obviously that license didn't work.

I was not aware that my company received the newer version until I asked. I was also informed that our company has a license service with our supplier/Autodesk and for some reason the older version's license becomes obsolete. I guess that cleared things up. I installed Autocad 2008 like a breeze.

Thanks again
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

> After I successfully start the server in lmtools, the manager displays
> "ReRead server failed" when the ReRead
> License file button is activated. I tried to stop the server with "Force
> Server Shutdown" with no success.

As others also pointed out you should likely look into the debug log to see
what goes on.

Best Regards,

Henrik Goldman
---

Track your flexlm licenses and reduce your costs -
http://www.x-formation.com/license_statistics/index.html

Our licensing and software security blog -
http://blog.x-formation.com/

Protect your software - http://www.x-formation.com/LM-X
Message 9 of 11
joecook

I am having the same problem but with no luck. I believe I have things installed in the wrong place or pointing to the wrong directory path. Trying to find support is a headache.
Message 10 of 11
TravisNave

Make sure that your LMTOOLS is version 11.4

Make sure that you have it configured to use services

Make sure that you keep the default FLEX_LM Service 1 name

Make sure that you are pointing to the correct lmgrd.exe file and that your .lic file is in the \License folder. Also simply name your debug file debug.log and place it in the root of your License Manager folder.

Check both boxes at the bottom and save the service. Then try to start it. You also should note that only one FlexLM server should be running on that machine. If you have another version (Solidworks, ANSYS, etc) then it could be causing problems as well.

Good luck.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 11
szemingtang

I applied all the above suggestions, but in the end did not help.

I then noticed from the log file that it lmtools was looking for the license file in 'C:\flexlm\license.dat' although i have previously pointed to the license file elsewhere.

So i tried to recreate the 'flexlm' folder in the c:\ drive and renamed the license file to 'license.dat'. A reread of the license and everything seems to be working.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report