Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTOCAD 2008 License Transfer

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
YOBETTA
526 Views, 2 Replies

AUTOCAD 2008 License Transfer

I received inatall disks and license tranfer of Autocad 2008 about one year ago. The  install & license tranfer went fine.

When reinstalling autocad 2008 (after a HD failure), I get the message: "the license has already been transferred & cannot be transferred twice" - something like that.

Can anyone help me get it to transfer again?

Thanks

Steve

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rkmcswain
in reply to: YOBETTA

Define "license transfer" in your first sentence. What do you mean you received it?

In your next sentence, when do you get that message? Are you using the Portable License Utility?

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Errors-...
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 3
YOBETTA
in reply to: YOBETTA

The license was transferred by way of the "portable license utility",and a small file that was sent to me by email after I had installed the program. The original installation disks were previously mailed to me in what appeared to be unused condition. I understand that I now hold full ownership of the license.

Any way, everything wrked without problem untill I had to reinstall it. The license transfer utility gave me the error message that I mentioned - "......cant do it again......" something like that. I've uninstalled the program & have no itention of reinstalling it more than once. Is there some way to reinstall it?

Thanks for any help you can offer. Guidance to the best Autodesk contact regarding this issues would be most helpful.

Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report