Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARX_ERROR: eNotThatKindOfClass

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
zcohen
9141 Views, 22 Replies

ARX_ERROR: eNotThatKindOfClass

How to fix this message? This message is always appearing on my screen and causing my AutoCad to crash.

Please Help!

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
RhettButlur
in reply to: RhettButlur

Autodesk 2006 OE Hotfix mentions the ARX...fix.

thanks again for your help

Message 22 of 23
Sarah_10
in reply to: zcohen

I am having a similar issue. I recently installed AutoCAD 2006, but worked on a drawing in 2011, saved to 2004 to email home.

I get the ARX_ERROR: eNotThatKindOfClass and if I copy and paste a block I get a duplicate Key error message and I can't close the message.

ARX_ERROR: eNotThatKindOfClass always appears in every command line for any comand even when i measure, move an object, etc. Many vendors have worked on this drawing, but I have installed the:

Autodesk AEC object hotfix,

done an audit

purged.

I don't know what to do next? very frustrating.

Any other solutions....thoughts?

Thanks,

Sarah

Message 23 of 23
Glenn4965
in reply to: zcohen

I am using AutoCad2006, others in the office are using later versions as well as 2007LT and 2013LT.  I was gettiing this error and the "distance" command would not work, others also.  

Went into Tools/Options/Open and Save, changed Demand load ObjectARX apps: from "Object Detect and Command Invoke" to "Disable Load on Demand".  This took care of the problem on the drawings I was having trouble with.  It seemed to have created another problem with a few other drawings but I could not duplicate the problem later.  

Hope this may help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report