Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARC software network license

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Luca_M
785 Views, 9 Replies

ARC software network license

Hi,

I am downloading the Master suite 2013 (education license) from the ARC portal. At the same time I obtained my serial number and product key (network license).  Just one question: how do I actually get the license file?

Thanks,

Luca

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
jessica.t
in reply to: Luca_M

Hi Luca!

Please see this work instruction on how to obtain a license file. If you have any other questions please let us know. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 10
Luca_M
in reply to: jessica.t

Thanks Jessica. That's exactly was I was looking for.

Luca
Message 4 of 10
jessica.t

You're very welcome! Glad I could help!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 5 of 10
Luca_M

Hi, could I just ask a related question about downloading the software.

I found many corrupted files using the browser download option.  I looked into the autodesk downloader, but the link seems to point to the student versions.  Only a few of the products seem to be available there.  Is there a solid downloading option for all the products included in the Education version?  Hope this makes sense.  Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Luca

Message 6 of 10
jessica.t

Which link do you mean? All of our download methods should work equally no matter which license type that you are using. Apologies that I don't think I entirely understand.

Jessica Thrasher
Message 7 of 10
Luca_M

Sorry I was not clear enough 🙂   After login, I start from here:

https://schools.autodesk.com/catalog/

I then select a product to download (for instance AutoCAD Architecture 2013) here:

https://schools.autodesk.com/catalog/product/30/?suite=11

from there, I can only see the one button for "browser download" (which has caused a lot of installer files to get downloaded corrupted).

There is a link to "How to use Download Now" on the same page, but that seems to redirect you to a generic help page:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-use-Download-Now-f...

In other words, I don't seem able to find a way to use the download manager to download all the products included in the Master Suite.

Here's a pic of the download page I get:

ARC download

Message 8 of 10
jessica.t

Thank you, I now understand! Smiley Happy

This Autodesk Solution should be more helpful, please let me know how it goes!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 9 of 10
Luca_M

Hi,

Thanks for following up.  The solution you linked is relevant, however this is what we found:

on one machine, only the "browser download" button was available from the beginning. we tried, IE 11, Chrome and Firefox

on a second machine, the download now button appeared, and we were able to install the downloader and download the first product OK; but for successive products, again the only button available was "browser download"

The product we downloaded was master suite 2013.  In the end, we solved the problem by installing a downloader add-on (Firefox + downthemall!), so no big deal.  🙂

Message 10 of 10
jessica.t

So glad to hear you got the issue resolved, @Luca_M! And thank you for sharing your solution with the community! Smiley Happy

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report