Installation & Licensing

*Expert Elite*
karthur1
Message 1 of 9 (423 Views)

APDS Deployment - No Service Pack Available

423 Views, 8 Replies
08-15-2012 08:12 AM

I am creating a deployment for the Autodesk Product Design Suite.  While configuring the Vault Basic 2013, under Service Packs, it shows "This product is up-to-date. No Service Pack is available".  But, actually there are some hotfixes that I would like to include with this installation.  I cant add them because the button is not available.

I also have another product (autocad Electrical) under a different license.  When I run the create deployment using these DVD's I can configure Vault to include the hotfixes I need. But I cant use this license with my other products (says the serial number is not correct).

My question is how do I include the hotfixes with my APDS deployment?  It is like its not recognizing that there are actually hotfixes available for it.

*Expert Elite*
karthur1
Message 2 of 9 (406 Views)

Re: APDS Deployment - No Service Pack Available

08-17-2012 09:08 AM in reply to: karthur1

Since Inventor 2013 is now at Update 2, I would like to add this to the deployment.  When I modify the deployment and get into the Inventor configuration, it will not allow me to add any service packs.  It says the product is Up to date.

Product Support
byron.morales
Message 3 of 9 (365 Views)

09-07-2012 04:27 PM in reply to: karthur1

Hello Kirk:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are currently investigating.

I was able to replicate the issue you reported using the Product Design Suite Installer just as you described.

The same thing happened using the Electrical installer it showed the product was up-to-date just like the above.

You used the Electrical DVDs so there might be a difference there.

I will keep you updated on the findings. 

Byron Morales
Product Support | Up and Ready Blog

Byron Morales
longwhitewolf2000
Message 4 of 9 (255 Views)

04-18-2013 05:56 AM in reply to: karthur1

Have we found a solution to add service packs to existing deployments as I have an AutoCAD 2013 deployment that won't allow me to add service pack 1.

Mentor
aguitton116
Message 5 of 9 (224 Views)

06-04-2013 05:21 AM in reply to: karthur1

I have the same problem here. i try to create a depolyment for vault collaboration client 2013 (64 bits and 32 bits) but I can't add service pack 1 (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21017345&linkID=9261341).

The installer doesn't find any service pack on autodesk site and so don't allow to add manually the service pack already doanloaded. Is there any solution ?

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 6 of 9 (218 Views)

06-04-2013 07:51 AM in reply to: aguitton116

In all honesty, adding a service pack to your installation typically causes 1603 errors during installation.  This is especially true if you are installing more than one product with AutoCAD verticals.  At least for the 2013 release, I recommend your deployment be service pack free and install it afterwards.  Typically, I just place the service pack in the deployment folder so I can run it post-install.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/AutoCAD-2013-Suite-failed-installation-aborted-...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Mentor
aguitton116
Message 7 of 9 (211 Views)

06-04-2013 10:23 AM in reply to: karthur1

I know that there is a problem when multiple versions of Autocad are installed because the first service pack is applied then for the next vertical products, the base autocad is no more a base autocad because it has some files modified by the service pack, so you can't add service packs for Autocad.

In my case it's different because it's vault, and the installer should "see" first service pack on autodesk servers, I don't understand why it doesn't. Anyway I managed to include the service pack by shutting down the internet access so that the installer can't check the servers and let me add manually the SP I downloaded :smileywink:

The installation ran fine after that.

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 8 of 9 (206 Views)

06-04-2013 01:55 PM in reply to: aguitton116

Thanks for sharing!  That's a pretty good idea.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Distinguished Contributor
Brausmith
Message 9 of 9 (109 Views)

11-21-2013 06:05 PM in reply to: TravisNave
This problem also exists in the Building Design Suite.
I hope it is fixed in the next release.
Regards,
Chad

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube