Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APDS Deployment - No Service Pack Available

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
karthur1
970 Views, 8 Replies

APDS Deployment - No Service Pack Available

I am creating a deployment for the Autodesk Product Design Suite.  While configuring the Vault Basic 2013, under Service Packs, it shows "This product is up-to-date. No Service Pack is available".  But, actually there are some hotfixes that I would like to include with this installation.  I cant add them because the button is not available.

I also have another product (autocad Electrical) under a different license.  When I run the create deployment using these DVD's I can configure Vault to include the hotfixes I need. But I cant use this license with my other products (says the serial number is not correct).

My question is how do I include the hotfixes with my APDS deployment?  It is like its not recognizing that there are actually hotfixes available for it.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
karthur1
in reply to: karthur1

Since Inventor 2013 is now at Update 2, I would like to add this to the deployment.  When I modify the deployment and get into the Inventor configuration, it will not allow me to add any service packs.  It says the product is Up to date.

Message 3 of 9
byron.morales

Hello Kirk:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are currently investigating.

I was able to replicate the issue you reported using the Product Design Suite Installer just as you described.

The same thing happened using the Electrical installer it showed the product was up-to-date just like the above.

You used the Electrical DVDs so there might be a difference there.

I will keep you updated on the findings. 

Byron Morales
Product Support | Up and Ready Blog

Byron M.
Installation and Licensing
Message 4 of 9

Have we found a solution to add service packs to existing deployments as I have an AutoCAD 2013 deployment that won't allow me to add service pack 1.

Message 5 of 9
aguitton116

I have the same problem here. i try to create a depolyment for vault collaboration client 2013 (64 bits and 32 bits) but I can't add service pack 1 (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21017345&linkID=9261341).

The installer doesn't find any service pack on autodesk site and so don't allow to add manually the service pack already doanloaded. Is there any solution ?

Message 6 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: aguitton116

In all honesty, adding a service pack to your installation typically causes 1603 errors during installation.  This is especially true if you are installing more than one product with AutoCAD verticals.  At least for the 2013 release, I recommend your deployment be service pack free and install it afterwards.  Typically, I just place the service pack in the deployment folder so I can run it post-install.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/AutoCAD-2013-Suite-failed-installation-aborted-...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 9
aguitton116

I know that there is a problem when multiple versions of Autocad are installed because the first service pack is applied then for the next vertical products, the base autocad is no more a base autocad because it has some files modified by the service pack, so you can't add service packs for Autocad.

In my case it's different because it's vault, and the installer should "see" first service pack on autodesk servers, I don't understand why it doesn't. Anyway I managed to include the service pack by shutting down the internet access so that the installer can't check the servers and let me add manually the SP I downloaded 😉

The installation ran fine after that.

Message 8 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: aguitton116

Thanks for sharing!  That's a pretty good idea.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 9 of 9
Chad-Smith
in reply to: TravisNave

This problem also exists in the Building Design Suite.
I hope it is fixed in the next release.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report