Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADT 2004 Network Install Mgr. Issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
fgauss123
121 Views, 2 Replies

ADT 2004 Network Install Mgr. Issue

I have created a network "deployment" using the Network Install Tool. I logged onto a workstation with an account with local admin rights (Windows 2000). The silent install ran fine. But if I log on to the workstation as someone else, AC2004 doesn't load properly and generates errors even if the "someone else" account has local admin privs. I have used other deployments that I did not create that do not have this limitation. What gives?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mr_nick
in reply to: fgauss123

Does the new user have access to the network deployment? This is an issue we have with some of our branches. Every time a new user logs onto a machine, there are a large number of files copied into the users profile so that they get clean menus etc.

I for one would prefer these files to come from the local machine rather than the server. If we have laptops out on site and somebody else logs on, we can't access the necessary files and get a corrupt profile created. We then need to go in the registry and remove AutoCAD from the HKCU so that on next attempt, the menus will be rebuilt when connected to the server.
Message 3 of 3
fgauss123
in reply to: fgauss123

Yes...users have read only access to the deployment. I know that may cause an issue with writing to the installation logfile, but it hasn't caused any trouble in the past.

I ended up giving the users local admin rights, and then re-running the deployment (after uninstalling). This worked fine. I still am not sure why this is necessary, though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report