Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADR 2011-2013 Failed downloading Component

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
jtstear
39461 Views, 15 Replies

ADR 2011-2013 Failed downloading Component

Hello,

No matter which version of Autodesk Design Review I try to setup I get

"The following failed to install:

Autodesk Design Review 2013 (0x2: Failed downloading component.)"

I am running this as local administrator and the setup works on all other computers.

The specific computer is WinXP Pro sp3, 2gb RAM, 2.09 GHz.

Machine has all updates.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
jtstear
in reply to: jtstear

I downloaded the bundle rather than the single install and it ran just fine.  Not sure what is different in the bundle than the single ADR install but it was needed in my case.

Message 3 of 16
brian_shick

Hi,

We are having the same Failure issue.  Where can we find the bundle download? I only see how to download the 2013 Design Review file located off the main Autodesk web page.  Would you include a link to the bundle location?

Thanks,

Brian

Message 4 of 16
jtstear
in reply to: brian_shick

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=10336080 

This should link you to a 724MB download of the bundle.  I also ran a .exe not a .msi.  Good Luck! Let us know if it works for you as well.

Message 5 of 16
anders.newfarm

That was EXACTLY what i needed, thanks a bunch, that bundle saved my day!!!Smiley Happy

Been testing and looking and searching and what not for hours, this was perfect.

Originally had the internet connection failed error, tried to uninstall the Akima whatever, then the IMO (?) version with no luck, this was the solution

Thanks again

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 16

not sure if it's still this way, but i noticed (maybe a year ago) that the design review installer reached out to the microsoft .NET site to downlaod components.  when you hit that site normally, it's pretty slow to respond and hence the DR installer times out and throws the error.  i don't know why companies like autodesk don't jsut make the bundle available straight away.  (back in the day it was called hotlinking and it was bad nettiquette 🙂

there is a full bundle out there. i think you have to search for it under design review install. i am out if the office traveling today otherwise i would attach the link. i agree, thus should be easier to install for folks that have limited internet access like our surveying department... i will send you a link to the web download as soon as i am able to... Brian Shick Wk: 719-520-4628 Cell: 713-385-2431
Message 8 of 16
jtstear

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=10336080 is the link to the download.  This was posted awhile back.

Message 9 of 16

thanks brian - yeah i know it's out there (as mentioned, it's linked in the comment above mine).

i just wish they'd put the bundle right on the main page, was really my comment.

I tried teh download but that did not help.  WHat did though was disabling Trend Micro on the PC while installing AutoCAD.  I read that fix on another site and tried it - it worked!

Message 11 of 16
hkmoore79

I've tried downloading the 'bundle' but I'm still receiving the error message for Failed Downloading Component.  Any suggestions?

Message 12 of 16
steve.nelson
in reply to: hkmoore79

I'm still having that same problem.  The bundle didn't work as I received the same error.  I've disabled my antivirus (Vipre) and have tried using both IE (v11) and Chrome with the exact same results.

Message 13 of 16
bentbrandt
in reply to: hkmoore79

We are also experiencing this when running the 1,4 mb install file...
The link to "the bundle" seems to send us to the installer download instead.

😞

Message 14 of 16
bentbrandt
in reply to: bentbrandt

Our Reseller has got on their FTP, so I'll be good soon, but one of my collegues got trough... -Is there a queue for this download? 😞

Message 15 of 16
danthephoneman

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=10336080 went to this site for download  and then turned off firewall . worked like a champ after several hours of trying everything else

Message 16 of 16

worked for me,  just had to download the BIG file of 730 mb or so size.  I went with the full file , not the one that checks for preerequisites,  thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report